2019 Lincoln Continental Coach Door Edition is sold out

Hopefully Lincoln is testing the waters for keeping the Continental around in some form. If they were able to create some kind of low-volume uber-luxury RWD sedan on CD6, it would continue to serve as a great flagship for the brand. The CD6 is expected to be a dynamic platform, and if production volume is low enough, it may not detract from Explorer/Aviator production very much. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DequindreToo said:

Hopefully Lincoln is testing the waters for keeping the Continental around in some form. If they were able to create some kind of low-volume uber-luxury RWD sedan on CD6, it would continue to serve as a great flagship for the brand. The CD6 is expected to be a dynamic platform, and if production volume is low enough, it may not detract from Explorer/Aviator production very much. 

Aviator is the new flagship.   Don’t see that changing unless people stop buying crossovers.

I know it’s low volume but I think that is pretty awesome for Lincoln. I still think there’s room for one sedan at Lincoln, and it should be something more unique like this. I would make the styling a little bolder as well with a powerful hybrid powertrain.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Handler said:

They could transform the Continental into a '40s tall sedan-type ultra-luxury crossover. That's basically what the MKT Concept was. Too bad it had FWD proportions and an overly laid-back a-pillar.

115896_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

2008Lincoln_MKT_06.jpg

This is the direction every luxury sedan must take. Tall (almost crossover) sedans , like those of the 40s, to save them from the extinction.

Edited by falconlover 1

1 hour ago, The Handler said:

They could transform the Continental into a '40s tall sedan-type ultra-luxury crossover. That's basically what the MKT Concept was. Too bad it had FWD proportions and an overly laid-back a-pillar.

115896_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

2008Lincoln_MKT_06.jpg

Wow, never saw the connection with MKT and 40s Continental tall sedan styling! Yes, I agree with the direction for next generation Continental being a 'whitespace' silhouette higher riding sedan/crossover-ish style. Just as long as it's rear drive on CD6 and uses the 'Coach Doors', then it would be a success. Even a hybrid from Aviator and full electrics with BEV would work.

2 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Wow, never saw the connection with MKT and 40s Continental tall sedan styling! Yes, I agree with the direction for next generation Continental being a 'whitespace' silhouette higher riding sedan/crossover-ish style. Just as long as it's rear drive on CD6 and uses the 'Coach Doors', then it would be a success. Even a hybrid from Aviator and full electrics with BEV would work.

Mercedes-Benz is thinking about this, too...

2018042015404429064.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

It's not easy designing a utility vehicle to be graceful and elegant, but it could be done. The Maybach concept is an example of why the three-box layout is difficult to use on a tall-bodied vehicle. It would take an even shorter decklid to eliminate the stubbiness, which would end up being a bustle-back. That's basically what Rolls-Royce did with the Cullinan. They even call it a "three-box SUV".

2019_rolls-royce_cullinan_34_1920x1080.j

Edited by The Handler
  • Like 1