Only Grey / Silver / Black Rangers?

On 1/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, Deanh said:

as for all the units arriving ( and we are yet to see any yet ) being loaded lariats etc....initial allocation was MISERABLE...so my bet is dealers optioned their units out max...we had a grand total of ONE....sheesh....and its pre -sold...interest has been EXCELLENT....

Allocation on the most recent "wholesale" was still miserable here also. Still impossible to get allocation for more than 1 Ranger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

At least in my region, every time I try to get a SuperCab Ranger scheduled the orders get passed over due to "Plant Constraint" issues. 

This is the biggest problem with them insisting on not adding a second shift for Final Assembly under any circumstances until the Bronco launches. Hold onto your hats, Rangers will be in very tight supply for a long time.

Curiously enough, Paint and Body are both 2 shifts. 

On 1/22/2019 at 12:44 PM, Deanh said:

IMO Ford blew the coup on their color selections....I see Tacomas everywhere around here in non metallic Camo greens, greys, a cool Blue etc etc....and I don't know about anyone else, but that White Titanium just HAS to go....Ive grown to LOATHE that color...personal taste of course...but IMO its not a "truck" color.

We do very well with white trucks here... White Platinum Explorer XLT's, Sports & Platinum's and White Platinum Expedition, White Platinum F-150's (Lariat & Platinum) and I could order Oxford White Escape's all day long.  

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This is the biggest problem with them insisting on not adding a second shift for Final Assembly under any circumstances until the Bronco launches. Hold onto your hats, Rangers will be in very tight supply for a long time.

Curiously enough, Paint and Body are both 2 shifts. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

2 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

With the glowing reviews and the extremely high interest dealers seem to be getting I have to believe at some point the demand will reach a breaking point and they will HAVE to add a shift before they want to just to keep up with demand. I believe they will wait as long as they can though. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

With the glowing reviews and the extremely high interest dealers seem to be getting I have to believe at some point the demand will reach a breaking point and they will HAVE to add a shift before they want to just to keep up with demand. I believe they will wait as long as they can though. 

Sounds like Hackett the Hatchet will do anything to keep from spending money. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money!

17 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Our Internet Representative sold our first 2019 Ranger over the weekend... A Retail Order for a 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/#302A in Hot Pepper Red.  

our only one to date was a black Lariat 4x4 FOR A COURTESY DELIVERY...arrrrg!...I guess they are using Ford reps as beta testers...

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

I ended up going with a Magnetic SCrew XLT FX4.  I pick it up in about 2 hours.  :) . The metallic dark grey looks pretty good in person, I'm just concerned its always going to look dirty.  But whatever, it's a truck.

I haven’t had a problem with it showing dirt.   It’s a great color.

DD7F3F4F-79EB-4D0C-B018-3462886F4B61.jpeg

I have a Hot Pepper Red SuperCrew Lariat 4X4 with Medium Stone interior finally scheduled for a 3/11 build week.  Been taking forever.  Dropped the keypad to get it scheduled.  I did a search as well and it seemed to me that the colors mentioned were the majority.  A lot of Sport Packages ordered.  Not a lot of straight up Lariats available with the color keyed bumpers.  I chuckled when I went to my dealer to look at their very first Ranger.  The person showing me the Ranger stated "it comes in either the Sport or Chrome look".  Shaking my head...lol!  Mine will be just like this one reviewed by KBB.

20181125_114452[1].jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Congratulations Anthony on the new Ranger! Are you going to test out its capabilities in the snow?

Over here in lower CT, its been the weakest winter as far back as I can remember.  I think since December we have had 2 inches of snow in my town.  Normally we'd be over 20 inches by now.  We are supposed to get a couple inches tonight, but my Focus could traverse a mild snowfall just fine, so I dont think I'll be pushing the Ranger very much in that.

Who thought I'd be wishing for snow?  ?

• Like 1

Wow, that's by far the best looking current gen Ranger I've seen yet. About the only improvements I would make would be flipping the RWL tires around so the all black side shows and deleting the FX4 sticker and front plate frame.

• Like 1