Only Grey / Silver / Black Rangers?

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

I still like Ruby Red but since I had it on my Fusion for 5 years I wanted something different.

The new blue on the Explorer (called Blue - how creative) looks great.

Capture.PNG

My Fusion is that color. It's Blue Metallic on the  window sticker but the order guide just says Blue. Love the color on everything I've seen it on. 

as for all the units arriving ( and we are yet to see any yet ) being loaded lariats etc....initial allocation was MISERABLE...so my bet is dealers optioned their units out max...we had a grand total of ONE....sheesh....and its pre -sold...interest has been EXCELLENT....

15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It doesn't even photograph well indoors

IMO Ford blew the coup on their color selections....I see Tacomas everywhere around here in non metallic Camo greens, greys, a cool Blue etc etc....and I don't know about anyone else, but that White Titanium just HAS to go....Ive grown to LOATHE that color...personal taste of course...but IMO its not a "truck" color.

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Making more color options costs money and yeah....

understand that, but if they are planned from the get go....IMO both the Ranger and Bronco need to deviate from Fords "boring" color swatches.....my bet is both the Ranger and bronco will appeal to a somewhat younger more adventurous crowd...Pearl White????????????????????...NO.....time to get a little "adventurous" which ironically is the catch phrase being used to PROMOTE the Ranger 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deanh said:

IMO Ford blew the coup on their color selections....I see Tacomas everywhere around here in non metallic Camo greens, greys, a cool Blue etc etc....and I don't know about anyone else, but that White Titanium just HAS to go....Ive grown to LOATHE that color...personal taste of course...but IMO its not a "truck" color.

The flattish grey available on the Tacoma is very nice.

• Like 1

all quibbling aside....barring a couple of niggles, we had a Ranger here today for training....couple of things bugged me, but were trivial ( mirror adjustments should be on the door, keyless entry was the stick on wart ) the truck is outstanding.....I forsee it doing really well, its jumped the competition in a multitude of areas...

• Like 1

I'm obviously partial to Ingot Silver. I would have been happy with Ruby Red as well but this truck was equipped exactly the way I wanted and the choices among left-over 18's in my area were limited. Besides, the older I get the better I like colors that are easy to keep looking clean which is a big factor in the balmy, salt free NE.  ?

IMG_2459.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, Anthony said:

So I'm searching dealers within 30 miles of me and all they have are Grey, Black and Silver Rangers (and if I go right to the outskirts....a couple white).  Was the initial mix heavy in these colors or am I just getting unlucky?  I dont want any of these non-colors.  I want some color!

??‍♂️

Dealers are placing initial Ranger orders in the most popular vehicle colors... Black, White, Silver & Grey. Sometimes we wait to order other colors until we've actually seen what the color looks like. It also depends on how many vehicles a dealership has allocation for and how many they'll be able to stock depending on their volume, etc. 

On 1/20/2019 at 7:42 PM, ford-boy said:

All of the dealers near me have only fully optioned, 4WD Lariats.  I'm looking for an XLT, 2WD.  I'll wait to test drive one until a 2WD comes in.  I'm wondering if the dealers are actually ordering this way or Ford is requiring them to take the Lariats for bigger margins.  

Initial scheduling and production was heavily geared toward Lariat SuperCrew 4WD's which shouldn't be surprising for a new model. Sales for an all new or redesigned model are strongest the first model year for the higher end trims as those first year buyers are the enthusiasts, image, impulse, etc. buyers. As production ramps up, inventory becomes available and other trim and equipment levels are more available it starts to balance out with a broader inventory mix. It takes some time.