Only Grey / Silver / Black Rangers?

So I'm searching dealers within 30 miles of me and all they have are Grey, Black and Silver Rangers (and if I go right to the outskirts....a couple white).  Was the initial mix heavy in these colors or am I just getting unlucky?  I dont want any of these non-colors.  I want some color!

??‍♂️

Edited by Anthony

I don't know what the actual mix is but I see all the colors in the holding lot when I usually drive by. I'm guessing a lot of dealers aren't ordering many colors that aren't Black/White/Silver/Grey until they get a better idea of what demand will be or they get a special order.

My dealer has a Platinum White Lariat sitting front and center on their lot and one of the other dealers closer to me has a White XLT sandwiched between 2 Raptors on their display.

All of the dealers near me have only fully optioned, 4WD Lariats.  I'm looking for an XLT, 2WD.  I'll wait to test drive one until a 2WD comes in.  I'm wondering if the dealers are actually ordering this way or Ford is requiring them to take the Lariats for bigger margins.  

32 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Finally ditching the Focus eh?

I figure I might as well before its worth absolutely nothing and not worth anything towards a trade-in.  If they give me something decent for it (I'd like to get at least $5k).  If not, then I'll keep it for a couple more years.  Only problem is that it has been in an accident (repaired perfectly though), so not too sure I'll even get that.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I figure I might as well before its worth absolutely nothing and not worth anything towards a trade-in.  If they give me something decent for it (I'd like to get at least $5k).  If not, then I'll keep it for a couple more years.  Only problem is that it has been in an accident (repaired perfectly though), so not too sure I'll even get that.

Yours is bound to get more than mine... 

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

1,361 on line, 117 blue, 1 orange, 108 red, 363 Black, 306 gray, 95 silver and 287 white.

Now that I think of it I haven't seen too many orange ones in the lot, but there are some.

1 hour ago, IMSA-XJR9 said:

Lightning Blue looks much better in photos (in my opinion) then on the build/price section of the FMC website.  

A very hit or miss color for me. Looks great on some cars, awful on others. 

Just now, fordmantpw said:

I love Magnetic and Blue Jeans.  My vehicles in order have been Grey, Blue, Grey, Blue, so I went with something different in my current truck with Bronze Fire.  Magnetic and Blue Jeans were close runner-ups...

Let's see - my 86 Acura Integra was close to Velocity Blue.  Then I had 2 Red Rangers and a burgundy Lincoln LS.   Tungsten (light grey) Fusion, Red Fusion and Magnetic F150.

I didn't want a Ruby Red F150 and Race Red just had that orange tint that I couldn't get over so it was either Blue Jeans or Magnetic.  They don't offer Blue Jeans with the Sport Package so Magnetic it was and I'm really happy with it especially with the sport package, grey wheels and black bed rails.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Let's see - my 86 Acura Integra was close to Velocity Blue.  Then I had 2 Red Rangers and a burgundy Lincoln LS.   Tungsten (light grey) Fusion, Red Fusion and Magnetic F150.

I didn't want a Ruby Red F150 and Race Red just had that orange tint that I couldn't get over so it was either Blue Jeans or Magnetic.  They don't offer Blue Jeans with the Sport Package so Magnetic it was and I'm really happy with it especially with the sport package, grey wheels and black bed rails.

Every time I see a Ruby Red Super Duty, my wife reminds me that's her favorite color vehicle, and it does look really sharp.  We have 2 red and my Bronze Fire SD now.

My '05 F150 was dark grey (don't remember the specific name), but it really popped in the sun after a fresh wax job.  The Magnetic looks great too!

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

I do like magnetic too.

17 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Every time I see a Ruby Red Super Duty, my wife reminds me that's her favorite color vehicle, and it does look really sharp.  We have 2 red and my Bronze Fire SD now.

My '05 F150 was dark grey (don't remember the specific name), but it really popped in the sun after a fresh wax job.  The Magnetic looks great too!

I still like Ruby Red but since I had it on my Fusion for 5 years I wanted something different.

The new blue on the Explorer (called Blue - how creative) looks great.

Capture.PNG

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

I still like Ruby Red but since I had it on my Fusion for 5 years I wanted something different.

The new blue on the Explorer (called Blue - how creative) looks great.

Capture.PNG

There's another blue called Atlas Blue on Explorer too.  Is this the blue the ST was shown in?

360 colorizer spin of 2020 ford explorer in city park, shown in Atlas Blue