Chinese Ford Taurus MK7 refreshed

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

It is. Large sedans are popular there

People in Saudi Arabia love the two Ford models assembled at Chicago Assembly. When I was in Riyadh a few months ago, I was amazed at how many Ford Taurus and Ford Explorer I saw in traffic and in parking lots. I'm sure they'll love the China based new Taurus too.

riyadh.jp.jpg

5 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Some one here think Ford will use the CD6 platform for the Mondeo/Taurus in China and Europe ,eventually? That car could be a very good sedan and very competitive in Europe with some BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi offers...

I would also like to know if the Lincoln MKZ will be moved to the CD6

One guy here, supposed to be well informed ,say that the CD6 will not be for sedans. But i think is difficult for Ford to keep a platform for only two nameplates (Explorer/Aviator). Ford needs to expand the models based on this architecture to get more profits on this platform. I suspect the Mondeo, the Taurus will be builded on that... and in the future a new Lincoln sedan too.  The next Mustang , aparently, will be a version of the current car... I think is a mistake.. Ford must make the new Mustang on CD6 , with a 4 door coupe version and a Lincoln branded 4 door coupe version, too. But... the "car armaggedon" kill everything but the SUVs and trucks.

39 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

One guy here, supposed to be well informed ,say that the CD6 will not be for sedans. But i think is difficult for Ford to keep a platform for only two nameplates (Explorer/Aviator). Ford needs to expand the models based on this architecture to get more profits on this platform. I suspect the Mondeo, the Taurus will be builded on that... and in the future a new Lincoln sedan too.  The next Mustang , aparently, will be a version of the current car... I think is a mistake.. Ford must make the new Mustang on CD6 , with a 4 door coupe version and a Lincoln branded 4 door coupe version, too. But... the "car armaggedon" kill everything but the SUVs and trucks.

They kept the platform S197 and S550 only for the Mustang and obtained profit. Maybe CD6 's for the Bronco or Maverick. I've already read a statement that Lincoln plans to have sedans, unlike Ford. I believe in a Lincoln Zephyr Sedan CD6 and a Lincoln Continental CD6 for the Chinese market. It is worth remembering that the decision to kill sedans is not worth to Chinese market

57 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

Maybe CD6 's for the Bronco or Maverick.

No and no

Bronco is body on frame (T6) and Maverick is C2.

Someone working on it told me the next generation Edge is CD6 but I think that was before the FWD and RWD platforms were starting to be referred to internally as separate platforms. At one time they were both considered CD6. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No and no

Bronco is body on frame (T6) and Maverick is C2.

Someone working on it told me the next generation Edge is CD6 but I think that was before the FWD and RWD platforms were starting to be referred to internally as separate platforms. At one time they were both considered CD6.  

thanks

Body on frame seems to me to be more suited to the proposal of the Bronco. So Maverick will fit the C-segment with the Escape?

6 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

Short C crossover that’s been rumored? 

Ford Europe needs a car to replace the C-Max and to compete in the small C segment crossover market. In Europe the C segment crossover market is splited in two sizes. The Kuga will be the "big" C crossover and a new car will be the "small" C crossover. Even the B segmant crosoover market is segmenting in two sizes! here, Ford has the Ka+ Active , the Fiesta Active and the EcoSport, that cover it very well. But the C segment needs attention.

1 hour ago, falconlover 1 said:

Ford Europe needs a car to replace the C-Max and to compete in the small C segment crossover market. In Europe the C segment crossover market is splited in two sizes. The Kuga will be the "big" C crossover and a new car will be the "small" C crossover. Even the B segmant crosoover market is segmenting in two sizes! here, Ford has the Ka+ Active , the Fiesta Active and the EcoSport, that cover it very well. But the C segment needs attention.

Also getting the Mark E..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

Short C crossover that’s been rumored? 

I believe the Short C is the Maverick, since the Escape is getting bigger.

There are a couple postings of a new product that slots above the Ecosport-styling looks alot like the upcoming 2020 Escape with funky headlights. I'm assuming that is  the high end B product that will be an easier sell in Western countries/China vs the Ecosport which is designed for BRIC countries.

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I believe the Short C is the Maverick, since the Escape is getting bigger.

There are a couple postings of a new product that slots above the Ecosport-styling looks alot like the upcoming 2020 Escape with funky headlights. I'm assuming that is  the high end B product that will be an easier sell in Western countries/China vs the Ecosport which is designed for BRIC countries.

There is another C crossover in addition to Escape and Maverick.

• Like 1