Ford Exec Hints at Possible Super Duty Off-Road Brute to Compete With Ram Power Wagon

On 1/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, jpd80 said:

Bronco is restricted to LHD and  mostly Nth American focused product where as Wrangler will be global - Europe and ROW.

Hybrid Ranger might be a better way to push this tech and achieve much more (reach more buyers)  than say Bronco or Everest

Is FCA outclassing Ford again?

If the Jeep can be competitive and profitable world wide, why not the Bronco?  I doubt the Wrangler will get neutered just to cater to euro tastes.

Seems like Ford is wasting a quick and easy way to cash in on the old One Ford concept.

Not sure why ford needs a Bronco, AND Troller, AND Everest, Etc etc

Edited by probowler

24 minutes ago, probowler said:

Is FCA outclassing Ford again?

If the Jeep can be competitive and profitable world wide, why not the Bronco?  I doubt the Wrangler will get neutered just to cater to euro tastes.

Seems like Ford is wasting a quick and easy way to cash in on the old One Ford concept.

Not sure why ford needs a Bronco, AND Troller, AND Everest, Etc etc

1. Currently, Ford doesn't have a Bronco and won't for another two years.

2. Troller is not a T6 vehicle, it was gifted engine, trans, HVAC and door latch components. If you saw it in person you would understand why it not US bound, it's even more agricultural than a Mahindra and almost completely devoid of basic safety features that Americans take for granted, it's perfect in its South American environment but nowhere near ready for prime time.

3. Everest competes with Toyota Landcruiser 200/Prado, that was the main bench mark vehicle chosen during development, you can bet that the next generation will be better aimed at those buyers thanks to a bit of "Bronco" DNA in Everst's bones but not until CY2022.

Edited by jpd80

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

1. Currently, Ford doesn't have a Bronco and won't for another two years.

2. Troller is not a T6 vehicle, it was gifted engine, trans, HVAC and door latch components. If you saw it in person you would understand why it not US bound, it's even more agricultural than a Mahindra and almost completely devoid of basic safety features that Americans take for granted, it's perfect in its South American environment but nowhere near ready for prime time.

3. Everest competes with Toyota Landcruiser 200/Prado, that was the main bench mark vehicle chosen during development, you can bet that the next generation will be better aimed at those buyers thanks to a bit of "Bronco" DNA in Everst's bones but not until CY2022.

What part of my post implied that I wanted the Troller to come to America?  They should let it die and sell the Bronco down south, or anywhere people need a tough 4x4.

3 hours ago, probowler said:

What part of my post implied that I wanted the Troller to come to America? 

Well you did say, "Not sure why ford needs a Bronco, AND Troller, AND Everest, Etc etc " zSo obvously, you didn know how they all work together

They should let it die and sell the Bronco down south, or anywhere people need a tough 4x4.

Too expensive and wrong driveline and still 2 years away, Ranger CrewCab already fills that role without needing an SUV

Rest of the World already has Everest, a tough 4x4 SUV with proper diesel engines, not thirsty gasoline engines.

Edited by jpd80