Lincoln BEV

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don't think we've heard any rumors of a hybrid Navigator or Expedition yet.

I've gotten the impression they've gone back and forth on a Hybrid Expedition and if I had to guess any Hybrid Navigator will be similar to the  Aviator GT and they probably want to see how that sells first before giving the Navigator the green light. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I don't think we've heard any rumors of a hybrid Navigator or Expedition yet.

I'm sure F-150 will be first, so we'll have to wait for any Expy/Navi hybrid until then.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've gotten the impression they've gone back and forth on a Hybrid Expedition and if I had to guess any Hybrid Navigator will be similar to the  Aviator GT and they probably want to see how that sells first before giving the Navigator the green light. 

To me, it would defeat the purpose of having a "modular" hybrid system (meaning can be plugged into multiple vehicles via the 10-speed) to not have an Expy/Navi hybrid available.  Especially when F-150 will be the driver of it.  And, that's an "easy" way to bump up those vehicles' mileage should gas start going back up, or for performance in Navi's case (and should an efficient model be needed, maybe they have two hybrid tunes for it?).

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm sure F-150 will be first, so we'll have to wait for any Expy/Navi hybrid until then.

To me, it would defeat the purpose of having a "modular" hybrid system (meaning can be plugged into multiple vehicles via the 10-speed) to not have an Expy/Navi hybrid available.  Especially when F-150 will be the driver of it.  And, that's an "easy" way to bump up those vehicles' mileage should gas start going back up, or for performance in Navi's case (and should an efficient model be needed, maybe they have two hybrid tunes for it?).

Does the fact that Navi/Expy and F150 are not built in the same plant play a part here?

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

Does the fact that Navi/Expy and F150 are not built in the same plant play a part here?

Interesting thought.   Didn't consider that.

I think I still have to revert back to the modular comment, though.  What's the point in making it modular - and more importantly shared with mega volume products like F-150 and Explorer - if you're not going to pair it with basically anything/everything that has the 10-speed?

---

Regarding Lincoln/BEV, which I forgot to address - that's great news to hear.  I'm wondering if it's going to also be a more dramatically styled crossover coupe.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Interesting thought.   Didn't consider that.

I think I still have to revert back to the modular comment, though.  What's the point in making it modular - and more importantly shared with mega volume products like F-150 and Explorer - if you're not going to pair it with basically anything/everything that has the 10-speed?

---

Regarding Lincoln/BEV, which I forgot to address - that's great news to hear.  I'm wondering if it's going to also be a more dramatically styled crossover coupe.

I was thinking about having to store and install batteries.  I agree the other parts should be plug and play.

No Hybrid Navigator or Expedition arriving with the new P702 F-150.  Since the Expedition and Navigator are on the old architecture, I'm not sure that development is going to translate over anytime soon.  Considering how modular the system is, a major revamp should make it possible, but I don't think the Expedition or Navigator will be related to P702 anytime soon.  

The Mach-E architecture is also a really good looking one with an extremely long wheelbase pushing the wheels to the corners like a Tesla.  It should make for a series of sexy products from both brands.  The future of design really is about proportions, it's the hallmark of modern engineering.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gnostic said:

another "tarted up" ford ?

Like Audis are "tarted up" VWs...

And with EVs, the bateries and the electric engines can be the same for all vehicles (sedans.. Crossovers, trucks).. the difference will be at the body, the interior, the quality of assembly, the prestige of the brand. So, that is why I think when more and more EVs come to the market and everyone run from 0 to 100 mph in 3 sec like Teslas, but in a better package, Tesla will end its life.

5 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Like Audis are "tarted up" VWs...

And with EVs, the bateries and the electric engines can be the same for all vehicles (sedans.. Crossovers, trucks).. the difference will be at the body, the interior, the quality of assembly, the prestige of the brand. So, that is why I think when more and more EVs come to the market and everyone run from 0 to 100 mph in 3 sec like Teslas, but in a better package, Tesla will end its life.

I think that was sarcasm.   At least I hope it was.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Assimilator said:

No Hybrid Navigator or Expedition arriving with the new P702 F-150.  Since the Expedition and Navigator are on the old architecture, I'm not sure that development is going to translate over anytime soon.  Considering how modular the system is, a major revamp should make it possible, but I don't think the Expedition or Navigator will be related to P702 anytime soon.  

The Mach-E architecture is also a really good looking one with an extremely long wheelbase pushing the wheels to the corners like a Tesla.  It should make for a series of sexy products from both brands.  The future of design really is about proportions, it's the hallmark of modern engineering.  

Sounds incredibly stupid to not include Expy/Navi with the hybrid program.

I like the understated/quiet luxury mantra, but it'd be nice to see Lincoln push the design envelope a bit when it comes to the BEV.

13 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I thought part of the reason it took so long to get the new Expy and Navi was because it was to share platforms with the F150 going forward?

Well, they did debut alongside the F-150 refresh, so I guess that means they're stuck 3 years behind the F-150 refresh/redesigns?  Unless they pull refreshes up a year until they're eventually synced or just a year behind F-150 to better piggy-back on its' updates.  Kind of like how the GM trucks/SUVs are.

Edited by rmc523

6 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I think Expedition and Navigator will eventually get a Hybrid, hard to believe it won't.  The Navigator could use the torque from a motor for sure.  I assume the MCE will bring this tech but it's not on my radar yet.  

I haven't heard of it either, but yeah that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As I said earlier I imagine a Navigator Hybrid being more Aviator GT than Prius. 

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Well, they did debut alongside the F-150 refresh, so I guess that means they're stuck 3 years behind the F-150 refresh/redesigns?  Unless they pull refreshes up a year until they're eventually synced or just a year behind F-150 to better piggy-back on its' updates.  Kind of like how the GM trucks/SUVs are.

I thought that was because they were waiting to make sure the Al F150 was going to work before they commited to it.  Or maybe they use the same resources so they need to be on an alternate schedule.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I thought that was because they were waiting to make sure the Al F150 was going to work before they commited to it.  Or maybe they use the same resources so they need to be on an alternate schedule.

Could be some of both.  Plus who knows when they restarted the Expy/Navi program - weren't they put on hold?