Ford gives earnings warning for 2019...ugh.

20 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I work for an IT company (consulting, contact center software), and we recently switch to O365 for our suite as well.  Those types of things are much more efficiently handled in the 'cloud.'

Except when they have outages. Then you are in a really bad spot. Microsoft really wants to push everyone there though.

I like AWS but security issues happen all the time and there really is no recourse (speaking from experience).  Asia regions are the worst.  In my industry, the race for internal private cloud is on. Another problem with my industry, cloud services don't support multicast networks.

17 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Except when they have outages. Then you are in a really bad spot. Microsoft really wants to push everyone there though.

I like AWS but security issues happen all the time and there really is no recourse (speaking from experience).  Asia regions are the worst.  In my industry, the race for internal private cloud is on. Another problem with my industry, cloud services don't support multicast networks.

Internal IT networks have outages as well, and from my experience, our O365 is more reliable than my main client's internally managed email system.  And MS usually knows how to fix it pretty quickly. :)

We have O365 but we still have software installed on our laptops with local storage just like older versions.   That’s not the cloud version but they still call it Office 365.  I do like being able to access my email and calendar without a network connection.

59 minutes ago, akirby said:

We have O365 but we still have software installed on our laptops with local storage just like older versions.   That’s not the cloud version but they still call it Office 365.  I do like being able to access my email and calendar without a network connection.

Oh yes, sorry, that's the way ours is too.  I wouldn't have it any other way.