Condensation issues

Inoss

I have a 2018 navigator l reserve, since it got cool in my part of the world (late October) I’ve been consistently getting a lot of condensation in my car, when the car gets 3+ people it seems to come much faster. The back windows are always condensated no matter what I do, I’ve tried many different temperatures, different settings from defrost to forward vents to running everything at once, different fan speeds, I’ve run the ac button too which does seems to reduce some of the condensation but not all. The only thing that really seems to work is to open the back part of the sunroof and run defrost at full blast. I live around Toronto Ontario and the temperature is regularly around 0 degrees celsius.

do any of the other 2018 navigator owners have similar problems? Or is this something I need to bring up at the dealership? I do have tints on my windows, not sure if that can have any effect on that.   

One subtle weird thing about the A/C system I've noticed... is that the "Front defog" button doesn't do much, but if you hit the "menu" button, there is a "Max Defrost/defog" on-screen button in there, which cranks everything up to max and max heat... Though it doesn't always restore the temps I had beforehand, so I've resorted to just manually setting it on front-defog, turning on AC, and cranking the fan...

Also, make sure the rear venting system is enabled. Hit the "rear" button, and make sure it's on auto or with a decent fan setting. Unfortunately, I have not found any way to bind the rear-temp setting to the main temp the way it binds together passenger and driver when you turn off "dual". We just keep the back set on 74 in the winter, and 72 in the summer. 

Edited by Dave_SF

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like my issue has been fixed, after a few days at the dealership they found that my recirculating door in the vent system, was constantly stuck no matter what setting was applied. They replaced the part and the car isn’t condensing anymore. The car came out of the factory like this. There was no error codes found relating to this problem either.