Ford Announces Next 5 Models

I'm thinking the Bronco and Maverick (or whatever its called) are going to get shown off together as the new counter-Jeep sub-brand. Given the Bronco Launches late next year and I'd expect the Maverick to launch next Spring (or sooner depending on how soon the Fiesta plant is retooled for the Maverick/Mach E)

Plus it would give Ford a way to control the narrative if people lose their shit online saying the Maverick is just a unibody poser vehicle and not the expected BOF Bronco. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

What about the rumors of the hybrid and BEV F-150 being shown off in NYC?

The Escape and Corsair thing is perplexing-I don't see what Ford has to gain showing off both at the same time and they go into production in less then 6 months too?

Aren't the hybrid/EV F-150 the next-gen model, though?  Seems odd they'd debut those in an outgoing model a year before a complete changeover, unless they're just showing the new model.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm thinking the Bronco and Maverick (or whatever its called) are going to get shown off together as the new counter-Jeep sub-brand. Given the Bronco Launches late next year and I'd expect the Maverick to launch next Spring (or sooner depending on how soon the Fiesta plant is retooled for the Maverick/Mach E)

Plus it would give Ford a way to control the narrative if people lose their shit online saying the Maverick is just a unibody poser vehicle and not the expected BOF Bronco. 

I'd agree, or they're going to show them in short succession.

10 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Aren't the hybrid/EV F-150 the next-gen model, though?  Seems odd they'd debut those in an outgoing model a year before a complete changeover, unless they're just showing the new model.

Yes, but given how they are Ford's crown jewels, I think they want to be more proactive against Rivian or whoever else. I don't think we will actually see what they look like, but maybe a concept or tech announcement for the next gen.  

Just now, silvrsvt said:

Yes, but given how they are Ford's crown jewels, I think they want to be more proactive against Rivian or whoever else. I don't think we will actually see what they look like, but maybe a concept or tech announcement for the next gen.  

What people don't realize about Rivian is they already have an assembly plant and are busy renovating it getting it ready to install equipment. 

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

True.  They did do that Atlas "concept" previewing the current F-150.  I could certainly see that happening.  Didn't think about that.

Just announcing it with no product is a recipe for disaster/not having any impact.  How has all this talk no product stuff gone so far?  So that's probably exactly what they'll do.