Rest of 2019:
Escape

Super Duty

Transit

Spring of 2020-

Bronco

Summer 2020

Mach E

So when is the Maverick coming out?! I was figuring that would be out sooner then later due to the Fiesta going out of production in the next 6 months or so.

34 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

In the next 24 months-

I'm assuming this:

Rest of 2019:
Escape

Super Duty

Transit

Spring of 2020-

Bronco

Summer 2020

Mach E

So when is the Maverick coming out?! I was figuring that would be out sooner then later due to the Fiesta going out of production in the next 6 months or so.

Wasn’t there rumors that the next f150 and maverick would come out before bronco?

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Wasn’t there rumors that the next f150 and maverick would come out before bronco?

Yes there where-plus the Maverick was shown off more or less complete at the dealer thing a few months back with the GT500. 

I know the F150 is due in 2021, so maybe they are talking in production?

The Mach E is pretty far along-futher along then the Bronco is now, but also more or less a completely new product, so more testing is going need to happen. Ford still has alot of product that it needs to show off-just thinking the next 36 months (end of 2021)

Escape, Transit, Super Duty

Bronco, Mach E

Maverick(?) 2021 F-150 refresh/Hybird

Next Gen Mustang, Fusion Replacement?

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I watched the presentation this morning, the way Hackett was talking it sounded like we would see the Bronco in some form this year.

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Maverick for sure. Not sure about F-150. From what little I've been able to glean the Bronco isn't scheduled to start production until December 2020.... 

That's what i don't get...if they can show it off at the end of this year, why can't it be in production by summer/fall 2020? Its not like its the Mach E, which is something "new"

When is the next gen Ranger supposed to launch? I find it also hard to believe that the Bronco will ride on the updated frame for 12-24 months before the Ranger is also put on it-or its not that much different and the major changes are in the engine comparment sheetmetal for fitting a V6 in it. 

Just now, Jqa1824 said:

is Lincoln going to show anything else this year?

I'd assume the Corisar will be shown off at NYC Auto show, since the Escape is coming out sooner then later.

They are supposed to have a smaller CUV for the Chinese Market, but outside of the Natullius going to a new platform in about 3-4 years, I'm not sure what else Lincoln has going on, outside of a Mach E based product?

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That's what i don't get...if they can show it off at the end of this year, why can't it be in production by summer/fall 2020? Its not like its the Mach E, which is something "new"

Because a large section of MAP Final and like 2/3 of the Stamping/Sub building is still empty in preparation for the Bronco with no sign of any equipment arriving on site any time soon. It appears the plan for the final assembly building is a setup very similar to Kentucky Truck, where the SUV and a truck bodies have separate lines and come together onto the same line when they drop onto the frame.

The other thing I've heard is the first prototypes aren't supposed to come out of the Pilot plant until April. Based on what I saw back in the beginning of October they still had a ton of work left to do with designing and engineering. The outer sheet metal was pretty much finished but the internal stuff still had a ways to go. 

NG Ranger is supposedly MY2023, so probably a CY2022 launch. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Lincoln isn't developing a BEV based on the Mach E.  Lincoln has a suspiciously light product development schedule after this year.  I know they are getting a new compact utility in China for 2023.  

Escape and Corsair probably have to debut sooner than New York since the order guides will have to be published by then.  

1 minute ago, Assimilator said:

Lincoln isn't developing a BEV based on the Mach E.  Lincoln has a suspiciously light product development schedule after this year.  I know they are getting a new compact utility in China for 2023.  

Escape and Corsair probably have to debut sooner than New York since the order guides will have to be published by then.  

So it's either Chicago or standalone events.

51 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

"Lincoln isn't developing a BEV based on the Mach E.  Lincoln has a suspiciously light product development schedule after this year.  I know they are getting a new compact utility in China for 2023.  

Escape and Corsair probably have to debut sooner than New York since the order guides will have to be published by then. "

Edited by spudz64

3 hours ago, Assimilator said:

While I can't find the references, I remember reading in articles over the past year where a senior Ford or Lincoln executive said to expect an electric at Lincoln in the not too distant future. And I don't think that he was referring to the Aviator's plug-in hybrid configuration, though I'm not certain. They have also said that all new Lincoln models going forward will have some form of electrification (probably like the Aviator, a hybrid option). They have also talked about two more product announcements to be made beyond the Aviator, but they are being extremely tight-lipped. My bet is that for 2019 there will be both the Corsair unavailing & release and an announcement of some new 2021MY vehicle, but we'll see.

Edited by Gurgeh

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

In the next 24 months-

I'm assuming this:

Rest of 2019:
Escape

Super Duty

Transit

Spring of 2020-

Bronco

Summer 2020

Mach E

Yeah, it's very odd that Maverick was shown basically ready looking (unless it was nothing but a rolling model), but isn't mentioned as one of the "around the corner" vehicles.

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

When is the next gen Ranger supposed to launch? I find it also hard to believe that the Bronco will ride on the updated frame for 12-24 months before the Ranger is also put on it-or its not that much different and the major changes are in the engine comparment sheetmetal for fitting a V6 in it. 

Well, some have implied that the Ranger IS on the new frame, but will get other powertains with a redesign (maybe the body doesn't allow for it?

59 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

While I can't find the references, I remember reading in articles over the past year where a senior Ford or Lincoln executive said to expect an electric at Lincoln in the not too distant future. And I don't think that he was referring to the Aviator's plug-in hybrid configuration, though I'm not certain. They have also said that all new Lincoln models going forward will have some form of electrification (probably like the Aviator, a hybrid option). They have also talked about two more product announcements to be made beyond the Aviator, but they are being extremely tight-lipped. My bet is that for 2019 there will be both the Corsair unavailing & release and an announcement of some new 2021MY vehicle, but we'll see.

Well, one of those "two more" would have to be Corsair.  The other could be the baby Chinese model.

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I watched the presentation this morning, the way Hackett was talking it sounded like we would see the Bronco in some form this year.

Yeah, can you elaborate a bit on that? The livestream I was watching started to buffer a few times while Hackett was talking. I figured it was too many people using that particular livestream site so I switched to a YouTube live stream and it buffered a couple times there too. So either both sites were having issues or my Internet connection had issues. Regardless, I didn't get to hear what all Hackett was saying. It worked fine when they started talking about the future of Ford with high tech and then on with the Explorer presentation.

By the way, I was rather disappointed with today's presentation. That's it? They spent a long time hyping the Explorer last week with 20 minutes worth of chatter before showing the damn thing and ended with Farley promising lots of surprises... only to go on and on again with chatter before showing the Explorer Hybrid and ST with only about 7 minutes of the Shelby GT500... of which they didn't even bother driving it in to let the engine roar but rather let it lowered by a fake helicopter? Who the hell planned this show? They should have showed all the Explorer at last week's reveal and be done with that with quick reviews this morning and then on with the Shelby GT500 with more info and let it drive on stage and rev it loud for the crowd. Maybe even a burnout or two. What gets me is that they announced it last year and teased us all year and then lowered it on stage with 'at least 700 horsepower' promised with not much other info other than what kind of transmission it will have (I fully support the need for DCT by the way so it's fine with me) and we once again have to wait later to get more info of it? Geez, who came up with how the show is organized.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but they do need to cut down on the chatter at the beginning and just get on with the damn reveals. I thought for sure they would at least show the Escape or something. I guess Chicago along with Transit van midcycle update. Surely I'm not the only one disappointed with this morning's show at least compared to last year's show. Not to sound negative but geez, this was just pathetic. But hey, at least we were actually able to watch the Explorer presentation with clear images unlike that dismal Expedition reveal.

Other than that though, the Shelby GT500 is one sexy machine and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. The Explorer is a nice looking vehicle too and Ford has a homerun here. With 2.3L turbo I4 now able to tow more than its current 3,000-pound towing capacity as well as the addition of the Hybrid and ST models is just fantastic. I can't wait and see how the F-150 Hybrid will fare.

4 hours ago, spudz64 said:

At the 2018 NY Auto Show they announced "2 new SUV's by 2020 (Aviator and Corsair in 2019) and then after 2020 we'll have 4 new vehicles (note they didn't say SUV's or crossovers) arriving."

Insiders seem 100% certain Lincoln's two CD6 sedans were cancelled. I remember seeing leaked Zephyr sketches on here a few months ago, though. Perhaps they're counting the next-gen MKX/Nautilus, a subcompact, a BEV, and a "whitespace" utility?

I know the CD6 Mustang and Continental were cancelled fairly early on when they decided not to develop CD6 for cars.  Essentially, CD6 can't be a car anyway according to my info.  But Lincoln is such a mystery that I can either assume nothing is happening, or they are keeping their team REALLY quiet.  I know the Mach E team isn't working with Lincoln at all which guarantees nothing is happening in parallel which I find perplexing.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln just can't afford it.  At this point I think the future of sedans is probably BEVs, there's no need to develop a CD6 car anyway.  I'm not suggesting we are getting sedans in any form, but if they were to do it then a BEV seems more likely at this point considering how uninteresting they otherwise are to people.  Continental is suppose to coast through 2021, and I don't think we are getting a Zerphyr at this point. 

At this point, you know how absolutely ridiculous it would be for Ford to launch a new sedan of any kind that wasn't largely electrified.  Otherwise there's no point.  

Edited by Assimilator

I just rewatched the Lincoln 2018 NY Auto Show press event to go back to exactly what Lincoln said was coming ahead...Aviator counted towards the first one (2 all new luxury utilities by 2020) Corsair will be the other. Then after 2020 4 all new luxury vehicles will join the lineup.

I’m expecting Lincoln to debut the Corsair in NY this year, which will be quite the display with the recently debuted production Aviator joining the Corsair, plus the coach door Continental..and the still strong Navigator, just wow! 

93CDFE8A-F7DD-4256-B1D1-4B479A3804E2.jpeg

BB74E712-E5DE-4CC8-B144-FCD9FAF61A2E.jpeg

• Like 1