Ford CEO says a ‘big surprise’ coming next year with electric vehicles

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/13/ford-ceo-says-a-big-surprise-coming-next-year-with-electric-vehicles.html

Yet in the face of a skeptical market Hackett defended Ford’s moves to right its ship. He told CNBC that investors “needed to be a little patient with some of the long-lived problems that haven’t been addressed that I’m going to represent. In less than 19 months, I’ve addressed every one of them.”

Now just imagine Alan Mulally in that interview, he would be laying out the plan for this year with vehicles, taking people on a journey. So frustrating watching Jim Hackett rumble through press conference instead of building interest.

maybe someone at Ford needs to say something, he’s not good at this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Now just imagine Alan Mulally in that interview, he would be laying out the plan for this year with vehicles, taking people on a journey. So frustrating watching Jim Hackett rumble through press conference instead of building interest.

maybe someone at Ford needs to say something, he’s not good at this.

Wishing Mr Mulally was back at the helm...the guy was smart as a whip and at the same time, down to earth and downright "folksy" in his personality and genuine with a warm demeanor.

Oh Man, Ford's leadership really has to lean on results over messaging, they can't seem to get the later right.   I still get the sense we are coasting on some of Field's creations and haven't quite reached the point where we see Hackett's fingerprints.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Well, you are seeing how Hackett is changing the company.  Cooperative ventures with both VW and Mahindra.  This most likely wouldn't have happened if Fields was still CEO.

Agreed - I was just expecting something new that we didn’t already know about.