Deciding Between "Select" and "Reserve"

Sorry for all the topics of late ...

Really getting my selections narrowed down. Here is the situation ... going with Platinum White w/Cappuccino interior. Planning on powder coating the wheels and blacking out most/all of the chrome on the car and tinting the windows. I like the SELECT rims the best of all available rims but like the things offered on the RESERVE best. I don't really want to fork out the $s for a new set of SELECT rims and it might be tough to find someone willing to exchange their SELECT rims for my RESERVE rims. I think the select rims look best and will look the best powder coated. Would love some perspective on this from others ... to me the Select rim look more sporty than the sleek look of the Reserve rim, but maybe this wouldn't be that noticeable if powder coated anyhow?

83% of all Navigators sold are Reserve or Black Label. That being said, what would I tangibly be missing on a Select vs the Reserve?

From all I can tell:

* Ultima 20 Speaker Upgraded Sound System - generally I like having a top notch stereo in my cars, but I'm not sure I'm at the place in life where this matters as much (2 little kids ... not like I'm going to be rocking out); from what I understand the Ultima 14 speaker is a nice step up from the base stereo with the step up to the 20 speaker from the 14 speaker not being AS noticeable. That being said, this is the #1 thing keeping me from wanting to go with the Select line.
* LED lit belt buckles - not a big deal
* Illuminated Front Grille Lincoln Badge - again, not that big of a deal to me

Am I missing anything else?

Would love your perspective and input on anything I noted here! Thanks for putting up with my multiple obsessive posts :) Getting very close to putting down a deposit for an order. Just need to line up the ability to get X-plan pricing.

That is all. Everything else is optional on the Select that is standard on the Reserve. The standard seats on the Select are not the same, but both trims have the 30 way option.

I do not want a sunroof. I am planning on getting a Select short wheelbase with everything but a sunroof. I would like the upgraded stereo, but I am not willing to step up to a Reserve and get a sunroof just so I can order the stereo. I also prefer the Select rims. The Select is a comparable price to the Reserve with comparable equipment.

I prefer not to get the sunroof because of the decrease in headroom and the fact I never will use it.

Edited by Andy L

14 hours ago, Andy L said:

That is all. Everything else is optional on the Select that is standard on the Reserve. The standard seats on the Select are not the same, but both trims have the 30 way option.

I do not want a sunroof. I am planning on getting a Select short wheelbase with everything but a sunroof. I would like the upgraded stereo, but I am not willing to step up to a Reserve and get a sunroof just so I can order the stereo. I also prefer the Select rims. The Select is a comparable price to the Reserve with comparable equipment.

I prefer not to get the sunroof because of the decrease in headroom and the fact I never will use it.

I kind of have the same feeling about the sunroof as headroom is a bit tight in that 2nd row with the Vista Roof, but the kids seem to like the moonroof and I like the extra light we can get in it due to wanting to tint the windows 15%. I am still torn on the rims, but I think I will go with the Reserve. I did like the reserve rims in black on the customized video that was floating around on here. Wish I could see the Select in a matte black.

Honestly id go with the reserve.  I went online to the config for the 18 my amd found the select with those desirable features is more expensive than a reserve by about 2k.  The reserve comes with heated n cooled seats which is a 1500k option.  To get 4wd, is 3k which is std on reserve.  Plus the reserve gets a few extra perks.  Youll be happy with either and the select wheels are better, but yea id get reserve.

The answer depends on how you want your Select and Reserve configured. Here is my configuration:

image.png.42a1bb20602dd4f37dd2ad527edea6c8.png

The equivalent Reserve is:

image.png.13e6d0787a92c08909a4a7fb7f0e2c12.png

The major difference is the Reserve has a sunroof. The Reserve is $2,105 more expensive. The Sunroof is a $1995 option on the Select. So, in this configuration, the Reserve is $110 more expensive. If I wanted the Sunroof, I would consider paying the $110 to get the Reserve. However, I do like the Select wheels better. Note that if you don't get the 30 way seats, the seats in the Select and Reserve are not the same. With the 30 way seats, they are the same.

I would like the Ultima sound system. But, I don't like it enough to get a sunroof I don't want and pay $2105 extra for the Reserve and another $1195 for the sound system and get wheels I don't like as well.

Edited by Andy L