Lincoln winning the battle against Cadillac

22 minutes ago, akirby said:

10 vehicles, 3 brands (Ram, Dodge, Chrysler).   And one of those is Journey which I can't believe they're still making.  Should have called them all Dodge and been done with it.

This would have made the most sense. 

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Dodge was just going to be 2 cars (Challenger and Charger) and Chrysler will just be "people movers" which will end up being 4 models. Pacifica, and then a small minivan called Portal will arrive next, the 300 and Dodge Journey get replaced by a CUV based off the minivan and the Durango will turn into the Chrysler Aspen again in its next generation, which is ironic, as the Aspen name started as a Dodge. And this Aspen is the Jeep Commander in China as it is based on the Grand Cherokee.

Edited by atomcat68

4 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Dodge was just going to be 2 cars (Challenger and Charger) and Chrysler will just be "people movers" which will end up being 4 models. Pacifica, and then a small minivan called Portal will arrive next, the 300 and Dodge Journey get replaced by a CUV based off the minivan and the Durango will turn into the Chrysler Aspen again in its next generation, which is ironic, as the Aspen name started as a Dodge. And this Aspen is the Jeep Commander in China as it is based on the Grand Cherokee.

FWIW I dug up in addition to Challenger/Charger the V8 Viper replacement is still green for '22 also a midsize/rwd CUV and sedan is due that year, BOF Durango is coming and staying at Dodge, the Caravan still isn't Dead because of sales, IMO they should make a new Pacifica-based Caravan along with Pacifica  .

Chrysler will become "people movers" as the models you mentioned but don't expect the rwd 300 to die, it will be different from today also recently a Chrysler version of the upcoming Dodge rwd/midsize sedan maybe offered.

5 hours ago, papilgee4evaeva said:

Audi-Porsche-Lamborghini-Bentley?

They could use Lincolns as the dealer loaner cars for those brands when they go into the service department, and their customers will probably spend more time in Lincolns than the brands they bought and see that Lincolns are much nicer than expected.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:10 PM, Gurgeh said:

I'm betting that by the end of the year either Aviator or Corsair will be the volume leader (the traditional leader, MKX/Nautilus starting to feel a little long in the tooth), but the Aviator will, like the Navigator, sell primarily in the top trims and will be by far Lincoln's profit leader. I'm just wondering if we'll be waiting, as expected, until 2023MY for the Edge/Nautilus redesign, or whether it might appear earlier.

WHY are they waiting so long to update the Nautilus? The exterior is fine but the interior is so dated and once the Aviators are on the lots, the contrast between the two will be quite something. I have a Grand Cherokee right now but I'd love to get a Nautilus - IF it had that fantastic interior from the Aviator. As it is, the current vehicle just isn't a big enough upgrade and the Aviator will be too big and expensive. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I can say that our friend Richard is trolling on the article comment section..hard!

I dunno, I just took a look at the comments and it might be someone else with the same name? Someone called him out about being on BON, and whoever it was had no clue-I never remember RJ trolling like that ever and while I know he wasn't happy with the way Ford is doing business, I don't think he would turn into a super troll like that.

11 hours ago, chopsui said:

WHY are they waiting so long to update the Nautilus? The exterior is fine but the interior is so dated and once the Aviators are on the lots, the contrast between the two will be quite something. I have a Grand Cherokee right now but I'd love to get a Nautilus - IF it had that fantastic interior from the Aviator. As it is, the current vehicle just isn't a big enough upgrade and the Aviator will be too big and expensive. 

I agree. Though I'm buying a new Nautilus, I would gladly trade it in for a new one 3 years down the road if it were redesigned to the interior standard of the Aviator (and most likely the upcoming Corsair) and with the 3.0EB. If Ford has decided not to design new sedans in order to accelerate the development of new SUVs/crossovers and trucks, moving forward by a year or two the redesign date for the Edge and Nautilus would make good sense, I think.

Edited by Gurgeh

11 hours ago, chopsui said:

WHY are they waiting so long to update the Nautilus? 

29 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Uh because it just came out this year? The replacement should be coming in the next 36 months. 

Wait, 36 months? So the redesign date for the Edge and Nautilus is 2021 MY? That would be great and it makes good sense for Ford. But most of the redesign target dates I've seen for the two crossovers was 2023 (or maybe, just maybe 2022), which would give it a 7 year product cycle.

3 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Wait, 36 months? So the redesign date for the Edge and Nautilus is 2021 MY? That would be great and it makes good sense for Ford. But most of the redesign target dates I've seen for the two crossovers was 2023 (or maybe, just maybe 2022), which would give it a 7 year product cycle.

2019 +36 months-2022CY

Which means 2022/23 MY 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I dunno, I just took a look at the comments and it might be someone else with the same name? Someone called him out about being on BON, and whoever it was had no clue-I never remember RJ trolling like that ever and while I know he wasn't happy with the way Ford is doing business, I don't think he would turn into a super troll like that.

Possible, but what a strange coincidence that two persons named thusly AND on car enthusiast sites is intriguing indeed...and his attitudes in posting here is only being amplified there. Anyhoo....seemed odd to me at least when I saw his name.....  

6 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Possible, but what a strange coincidence that two persons named thusly AND on car enthusiast sites is intriguing indeed...and his attitudes in posting here is only being amplified there. Anyhoo....seemed odd to me at least when I saw his name.....  

I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if it wasn't someone trolling using his name-like that PantherMafia idiot we had here-I seem to recall he did that in the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Is that why RJ doesn't post anymore?

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Uh because it just came out this year? The replacement should be coming in the next 36 months. 

Oh please. The current Nautilus is just a light reskin of a vehicle that's been around for years. It's not in any significant sense, "new".

Edited by chopsui

1 minute ago, chopsui said:

Oh please. The current Nautilus is just a light reskin of a vehicle that's been around for years. It's not in any significant sense, "new".

New drivetrains, significantly updated front end, new technologies. Not as big of an overhaul as they used to do but by no means is it stale either. I do agree on your point about the interior, they could have done something to change it but that hasn't been a priority. Last one I can remember being a major change was the 2010 Fusion. 

45 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Edge competive? Where? Wich what vehicle? Here in Europe, the Edge cost as much as a Porsche Macan or a Mercedes-Benz GLC... 

I don’t know about Europe but they must be selling them.  I believe it’s bigger than both of those vehicles.

In North America it’s very competitive especially in ST guise.  You have to spend $10K - $20K more to get the same performance in another brand.

But I was talking about Nautilus.  The interior design is only 3 years old at this point.  It might be dated by the time they replace it in 2-3 years but today it’s not that bad.