Lincoln winning the battle against Cadillac

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

watch the Aviator be their top seller......beautiful mini Navigator in my books, and has more Cache than the Nautilus

I'm betting that by the end of the year either Aviator or Corsair will be the volume leader (the traditional leader, MKX/Nautilus starting to feel a little long in the tooth), but the Aviator will, like the Navigator, sell primarily in the top trims and will be by far Lincoln's profit leader. I'm just wondering if we'll be waiting, as expected, until 2023MY for the Edge/Nautilus redesign, or whether it might appear earlier.

• Like 1

Aviator is pricey, I'd have a hard time seeing that as a sales leader unless it turns into a phenomenon, but the 3-Row luxury segment isn't THAT big.  Corsair and Nautilus will probably remain their sales leader, but Nautilus will likely be their most popular model for the foreseeable future.  It's the sweet spot for volume and they certainly made it look quite fresh with a name change and all.  As far as new product, we really have 3 new utilities this year, that's as busy as it will ever get in a year at Lincoln. 

And it's very likely XT6 will make it very hard for Aviator to compete....nah I'm just kidding.  

Speaking of Corsair, I'm hearing that the HEV for Escape will be delayed 6 months so I assume that will effect Corsair.  That either means we'll get separate announcements for different model years, or they'll just be "Late Availability".  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, J-150 said:

Ram and Jeep sales have surged under Italian ownership. I don't think any future German ownership would be detrimental to Ford.

That was dumb luck on their part-seperating out Ram from Dodge and the CUV boom going into over drive around 2013. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That was dumb luck on their part-seperating out Ram from Dodge and the CUV boom going into over drive around 2013. 

Let's be honest - separating Ram from Dodge didn't have an impact.  It'd still be the same product if it still had a Dodge badge.

31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Let's be honest - separating Ram from Dodge didn't have an impact.  It'd still be the same product if it still had a Dodge badge.

15 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Right, but it just looks more impressive sinces been broken out seperatly. 

...and would help when FCA spins off or discontinues Dodge, they'll retain RAM.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I would have made Ram a Jeep product if I was going to separate it from Dodge. There was no need for a new brand and Jeep carries a great deal of weight.

1 minute ago, atomcat68 said:

I would have made Ram a Jeep product if I was going to separate it from Dodge. There was no need for a new brand and Jeep carries a great deal of weight.

But that would create all sorts of dealer issues for those who don't sell both brands.  E.g. a stand alone Dodge dealer would become a Dodge/Jeep dealer and there might already be a Jeep dealer down the street.   Or vice versa although that's probably not a big deal.

If they wanted to kill Dodge altogether though that would have been my suggestion too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

I don’t personally think the Jeep name carries that same weight in the truck world. I guess we will never know though. I suspect they were going to sell off the Ram truck unit at one point, which is why they separated it out. 

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

But that would create all sorts of dealer issues for those who don't sell both brands.  E.g. a stand alone Dodge dealer would become a Dodge/Jeep dealer and there might already be a Jeep dealer down the street.   Or vice versa although that's probably not a big deal.

If they wanted to kill Dodge altogether though that would have been my suggestion too.

I guess it is like GM Trucks being tied to Buick (previously Olds & Pontiac) dealers.

Ram / Dodge could be at the same dealership, and Jeep / Chrysler at another.

at least until they decide which brand to kill off.

2 minutes ago, tbone said:

I don’t personally think the Jeep name carries that same weight in the truck world. I guess we will never know though. I suspect they were going to sell off the Ram truck unit at one point, which is why they separated it out. 

At the rate Dodge and Chrysler are getting new products (LOL)-i'd say the opposite is true.

There really isn't any point of making a CUV for Dodge or Chrysler, since Jeep already has that covered. Unless they start making investments into those two brands, I'd say they are done-the LX cars are this decades Panthers. 

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

10 vehicles, 3 brands (Ram, Dodge, Chrysler).   And one of those is Journey which I can't believe they're still making.  Should have called them all Dodge and been done with it.

Stranger yet, Journey keeps increasing sales.

They're also still selling Avengers somehow, so that should tell you something I guess...