New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

SVOGT

Like to see smaller key intelligent fobs

These intelligent fobs are huge, especially when you carry two of them...  One for my wife's Fusion Energi & one for my yet to be delivered Ranger.

Wow, I would have to second that....one for My wife's Fusion Energi and one for my soon to be delivered Ranger.  :)

I’d like to see them able to learn - two fords, one fob. (There’s a video of that somewhere ;)) 

Even better if it worked with a deadbolt lock. 

Eventually we’ll all be using our phones. 

Or and A or B button to select which car you are in.

Using phones would be a logical step if security can be iron-clad.

One fob for multiple cars would be a good choice...

Edited by SVOGT
Update

My Father in Law's 2010 Mazda CX-5 has push button start and the fob for it is 1/4 the size of my 2018 Fusion. Absolutely ridiculous. 

My son's '13 Focus ST as well....

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My Father in Law's 2010 Mazda CX-5 has push button start and the fob for it is 1/4 the size of my 2018 Fusion. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Does it have a spare physical key?

Just now, akirby said:

Does it have a spare physical key?

Both of them do, yes

20 minutes ago, SVOGT said:

Using phones would be a logical step if security can be iron-clad.

One fob for multiple cars would be a good choice...

Aviator will have phone as a key option.  It is as secure as it needs to be.

32 minutes ago, sullynd said:

I’d like to see them able to learn - two fords, one fob. (There’s a video of that somewhere ;)) 

Even better if it worked with a deadbolt lock. 

Eventually we’ll all be using our phones. 

I did this once with my 2013 Fusion and 2016 MKX.  Because the remotes are bi-directional once I paired the Fusion key with the MKX it no longer worked with the Fusion.  Had to get the dealer to reprogram it because I only had one working Fusion key.   

On the old single directional remotes it worked great unless they were side by side and you only wanted to operate one at a time.

Agree with all that the remotes are grossly oversized. With today's technology they should be half to quarter the present size. They should have a finger print scanner interface to activate them when wanted. This would eliminate a lot of inadvertent alarms and window openings from inadvertent button activation while in  your pocket.

The  Lincoln Way app on my phone allows me to lock/unlock and remote start the car. Why not one more option to use it as the key and eliminate the need to carry the bulky remote. My phone uses face recognition and iris scan to unlock it which should;d provide the necessary security.

11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Agree with all that the remotes are grossly oversized. With today's technology they should be half to quarter the present size. They should have a finger print scanner interface to activate them when wanted. This would eliminate a lot of inadvertent alarms and window openings from inadvertent button activation while in  your pocket.

The  Lincoln Way app on my phone allows me to lock/unlock and remote start the car. Why not one more option to use it as the key and eliminate the need to carry the bulky remote. My phone uses face recognition and iris scan to unlock it which should;d provide the necessary security.

Did you miss the Aviator phone as a key option too?

Didn't miss it, just wondering why it can't be made retroactive.

37 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Didn't miss it, just wondering why it can't be made retroactive.

I'm not sure it can't be done retroactively but if that is the case it would be some kind of hardware limitation