Like to see smaller key intelligent fobs

SVOGT

32 minutes ago, sullynd said:

I’d like to see them able to learn - two fords, one fob. (There’s a video of that somewhere ;)) 

Even better if it worked with a deadbolt lock. 

Eventually we’ll all be using our phones. 

I did this once with my 2013 Fusion and 2016 MKX.  Because the remotes are bi-directional once I paired the Fusion key with the MKX it no longer worked with the Fusion.  Had to get the dealer to reprogram it because I only had one working Fusion key.   

On the old single directional remotes it worked great unless they were side by side and you only wanted to operate one at a time.

Agree with all that the remotes are grossly oversized. With today's technology they should be half to quarter the present size. They should have a finger print scanner interface to activate them when wanted. This would eliminate a lot of inadvertent alarms and window openings from inadvertent button activation while in  your pocket.

The  Lincoln Way app on my phone allows me to lock/unlock and remote start the car. Why not one more option to use it as the key and eliminate the need to carry the bulky remote. My phone uses face recognition and iris scan to unlock it which should;d provide the necessary security.

11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Agree with all that the remotes are grossly oversized. With today's technology they should be half to quarter the present size. They should have a finger print scanner interface to activate them when wanted. This would eliminate a lot of inadvertent alarms and window openings from inadvertent button activation while in  your pocket.

The  Lincoln Way app on my phone allows me to lock/unlock and remote start the car. Why not one more option to use it as the key and eliminate the need to carry the bulky remote. My phone uses face recognition and iris scan to unlock it which should;d provide the necessary security.

Did you miss the Aviator phone as a key option too?