Seen Any Rangers on the Street?

jniffen

Our first Ranger sat at the rail yard for 8 days but was finally delivered Thursday morning. Ranger #2 just went into production and is due to arrive the first week of February with Ranger #3 scheduled for production late February. Allocation for Ranger #4 should schedule next week. When we did our most recent "wholesale" meeting with our Ford Zone Manager we were offered allocation for 1 Ranger and we put in a supplemental request for 5 additional Rangers which we didn't get because there's just too little overall allocation available from Dearborn. As usual with a new model, it's going to be a while before production is at a point where there will be sufficient inventory for Dealer's to do any marketing, etc. 

All the Dealers in our area now have 1 Ranger each. Every Dealer is listing theirs at MSRP with one Dealer advertising theirs online at MSRP minus a $1,000 discount. That same store finally got a 2019 Mustang Bullitt a month ago which they're listing at $5,000 over MSRP and will never get. 

My local dealer had one "show up" when they were anticipating its arrival sometime mid-Feburary....of course, I went to look at it in person and sat in it too....very comfortable indeed and the ergonomics are light years far and away better than the Tacoma....we'll see when they are readily available so that I can get the color I prefer (silver) but it is going to be a small leap, coming down to "just a Ford" after enjoying the level of comfort you get used to in a Lincoln. I am sure that I will be able to adjust....lol

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, hared said:

Mine was built on the 16th and is awaiting transport.  Delivery date is 2/3.

Ranger1a.png

13 minutes ago, jniffen said:

Congrats on the new rig.

Except for the TC auto show and dealer lots, I have yet to see a Ranger on the street.

My fellow lacrosse coach has a burnt orange Ranger like above with the FX4 package, and he loves it. He hasn’t had a bad thing to say about it.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, tbone said:

My fellow lacrosse coach has a burnt orange Ranger like above with the FX4 package, and he loves it. He hasn’t had a bad thing to say about it.

Here's a picture of the actual truck rather than the computer version posted earlier.  Those are Dee Zee Hex Steps on it.  As with your coach, I love it.  Nothing bad to say about it.

20190305_175826.jpg

Edited by hared
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, hared said:

Here's a picture of the actual truck rather than the computer version posted earlier.  Those are Dee Zee Hex Steps on it.  As with your coach, I love it.  Nothing bad to say about it.

20190305_175826.jpg

Very nice!  I like those steps.

I’ve Seen some pictures of the Ranger with the 2.5” leveling kit that really look good.  I put a leveling kit on my Raptor and it took away that bit of wallowing feel that it had and the handling felt more precise. 

• 2 weeks later...