TFL, Ranger at Moab

9 hours ago, BoomerSooner said:

Calling burnt orange "baby poop" would be the first reference to that color (by me) that wasn't profane.  I'll stick with red (or black, or silver, or blue, or green, or gray, or white, or basically anything not orange), thank you very much!  ?

Crimson has much more of a fecal tone to it than any of the above. 

My dealer just ordered me a Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4x4 FX4 302A package in Magnetic with a medium stone interior. I think it's going to look very cool with the matching magnetic wheels. I also got the tow package. This will be replacing my F150 SuperCab 4x4 which the lease runs out Apr. 27th.

I have not even seen one in person, but I'm so excited for this pickup. I live in a mountain town and everything is so "tight" up here from parking to the streets in residential neighborhoods. I've enjoyed the F150, but it's been a real pain living day to day with it up in the Black Hills. There are guys driving F350 SuperDuty crew cabs up here, but what a total pain trying to maneuver a vehicle like that around here.

When I go back and look at old "bring T6 to North America" forums from a few years ago it's funny to read all the people that doubted it could ever be built here. They made a mockery of people who said there is a place for a new Ranger to slot in under the F150. Well Ford is late to the popular midsized pickup segment, but I'm glad they are back and am really looking forward to my new perfectly sized Ranger!

• Like 1

One of the issues bringing the early T6 Rangers to the US was that the engine bay was set up for Inline engines, so adding the 3.5 V6 in say, 2011 or 2012 would have taken longer to engineer as the only other engine choices were the 2.5 1-4 or the 2.0 Ecoboost which would have been less competitive against the other V6s.

not saying that it couldn’t have been done, but ford was just flat out not interested until Late 2016, so no matter what any of us  thought was possible, Ford didn’t see the need to spend money to sell it.

IMO, it could have been Built at MAP from 2011 and Focus built in Mexico with Fiesta. Imagine how that changes the production landscape compared to today.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 9:38 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

These guys are usually not bashfull about handing out zingers.  Only somewhat negative comment on plastic feel to some interior parts. Got the feeling they were genuinely impressed!

This Ranger has credibility for operating on inhospitable terrain on the world stage, and certainly isn’t just a pretty soft-roader. I had counterparts that used them overseas while I was there under poor conditions and they were very robust. 

I found their review to be relatively informative and pretty reasonable. 

• Like 2