New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

ice-capades

2020 Explorer Production Information

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

When is the last day of 5th gen production?  

It happened a few weeks ago. 

23 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

I believe they are already retooled?

Not yet, they start up in June I believe. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It happened a few weeks ago. 

Not yet, they start up in June I believe. 

May 6th they start building.  

51 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

May 6th they start building.  

5EB2A315-596D-44B0-B270-C89210E86A01.jpeg

Have to ask.. I am pretty confident in my answer but wanted reassurance.

Someone on one of the police boards that helps with feedback for the PIUs (not a Ford employee) stated that he knows the QC manager of CAP and was told that Explorers built prior to the "ok to buy" is given are crushed and cant be sold.

My experience is once production starts, all vehicles built are for dealer stock and sit on a lot till "ok to buy" is given.  Once given , customer orders start getting mixed in and the previous vehicles go through 1 more inspection and then ship out.  No way Ford crushesbhundreds of vehicles per week till it is given lol.

To quote him "Everything built before the OK TO SELL is given MUST be crushed and cannot be sold to the public."

I understand prototypes and preproduction, but not once productions starts on May 6th.

Fuzzy?  Anyone at a plant chime in?

22 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Have to ask.. I am pretty confident in my answer but wanted reassurance.

Someone on one of the police boards that helps with feedback for the PIUs (not a Ford employee) stated that he knows the QC manager of CAP and was told that Explorers built prior to the "ok to buy" is given are crushed and cant be sold.

My experience is once production starts, all vehicles built are for dealer stock and sit on a lot till "ok to buy" is given.  Once given , customer orders start getting mixed in and the previous vehicles go through 1 more inspection and then ship out.  No way Ford crushesbhundreds of vehicles per week till it is given lol.

To quote him "Everything built before the OK TO SELL is given MUST be crushed and cannot be sold to the public."

I understand prototypes and preproduction, but not once productions starts on May 6th.

Fuzzy?  Anyone at a plant chime in?

You’re right and he’s completely wrong.  He’s probably thinking about pre production stuff built before job 1.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

You’re right and he’s completely wrong.  He’s probably thinking about pre production stuff built before job 1.

Not all preproduction builds are crushed. MP1 builds can be sold to the public. I guarantee Anthony's Ranger was an MP1 or MP2 build based on when he bought it. TT and PP builds are usually scrapped once the company finishes whatever tests they use then for. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo