2020 Explorer Production Information

5 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Any insiders know how the Explorer production is going?  Yesterday marks 2 weeks worth and I'm assuming no Ok To Buy yet.  Curious on what type of issues they are finding.

And while you are checking any word as to when they will start production of the Aviator GT?

17 minutes ago, STGUY said:

This sorta has to do with production. Does anybody know if the 2020 Ford Explorer is r134 or 1234yf refrigerant? I just bought a new 1234yf machine for my shop and was just wondering. 

I think most if not all Fords use R134 but I'm not 100% sure about that. 

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of these window stickers only on ST Models have this vehicle not for sale. When this happened with the launch of S550 that meant vehicle had so many problems they would scrap it. Only a few ST’s in my area have regular retail window stickers that don’t say vehicle not for sale. 

3 minutes ago, STGUY said:

A bunch of these window stickers only on ST Models have this vehicle not for sale. When this happened with the launch of S550 that meant vehicle had so many problems they would scrap it. Only a few ST’s in my area have regular retail window stickers that don’t say vehicle not for sale. 

I wouldn't read too far into that if I were you. That could be a preproduction unit and pretty much all of the preproduction window stickers say that. It could also be one earmarked to be sent to R&E in Dearborn for evaluation or to wherever they do crash testing at. It's not necessarily indicative of a problem. 

I’m hoping so. Only problem is these are dealer stock allocated units. My neighbor on my block is the inventory manager at my local ford dealer. He ordered that vehicle under dealer stock. They are being told resubmit the order.

37 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

At least it seems like the Explorer production is coming to the market a lot quicker then the Ranger did. 

Well obviously they have better employees at CAP.  :whistling:

(J/k fuzzy don’t have a stroke)

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

At least it seems like the Explorer production is coming to the market a lot quicker then the Ranger did. 

Full Ranger production started mid November and they started shipping the week before Christmas. We're over a month into 2020 Explorer production and no OK to buy yet. ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Well obviously they have better employees at CAP.  :whistling:

(J/k fuzzy don’t have a stroke)

I just got home from a 47 mile bike ride, I'm too busy winding down from that to have a stroke 

which reminds me, how do I change my signature on this new software? Now that the company knows who I am I have a link to a fundraiser I'm taking part in that I want to add to it. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Full Ranger production started mid November and they started shipping the week before Christmas. We're over a month into 2020 Explorer production and no OK to buy yet. ??‍♂️

That just means all those people who had a Stock order placed will be rattling and falling apart driving off the dealer lots lol.  Certainly glad I have a Retail order..  5 weeks tomorrow and they are still having issues!!!

21 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The point I was trying to make not to successfully is it seems like the Explorer ramp up won't take as long and I'll see more then 3-4 of them after them being in production for 6 months.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well got an email this morning that my 2020 ST with an estimate production date of July 15 went IN Production this morning. Window sticker link is there but no window sticker as of yet. So I got bumped up by 3 weeks. Maybe others will experience this too!