New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

DequindreToo

2020 Cadillac XT6 Revealed as Caddy's First Big Crossover

Standards won’t come from government.  Mobility carriers are already working with the auto mfrs.

Looks like a almost cool minivan but without the utility of sliding doors

I think standardiaztion of Vehicle to Vehicle commuications isn't going to be a big deal-they will most likely wind up using a 5G/IPv6 cellular network.

How they interact with that data getting sent over the network is the real issue-but I'm willing to assume they are going to use some standard (sort of like HTML or the like) that is already developed to keep development costs cheap and or easy to do. 

Connecting and exchanging data is relatively straight forward.  For me the bigger question is what type of data will be exchanged/collected and how will the vehicles act on it?

E.g. I can see relaying a traffic jam or slowdown to oncoming traffic so they have more time to slow down safely.

I can see some limited uses for AVs but even something as seemingly simple as a traffic light becomes super complicated because a traffic light is both green and red at all times - it just depends on which direction you're traveling.  Throw in turn lanes and arrows and trying to communicate and act on that with a vehicle becomes a hugely complicated task.