2020 Cadillac XT6 Revealed as Caddy's First Big Crossover

DequindreToo

3 hours ago, DequindreToo said:

GM is making it extremely easy for Ford to prop up the Lincoln brand to new heights. Other than die-hard Cadillac fans, who in their right mind would choose an XT6 over the less-expensive and far-superior Aviator?

Even die-hard Cadillac fans won't buy an XT6. One of my friends who is a member of North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club and has owned 33 different Cadillac vehicles says the XT6 shames the Cadillac name. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DequindreToo said:

GM is making it extremely easy for Ford to prop up the Lincoln brand to new heights. Other than die-hard Cadillac fans, who in their right mind would choose an XT6 over the less-expensive and far-superior Aviator?

The XT6 might start off slightly more but it will be interesting to see the price spread.  The Aviator can get up there - I suspect higher then the XT6

13 hours ago, DequindreToo said:

I’ll be interested on how these to stack up in real life, not paper. I’m sure it will be a few months before seeing these on the street. 

If the Aviator turns out to be a home run and the XT6 a bunt, Cadillac will be in some serious trouble sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

If the Aviator turns out to be a home run and the XT6 a bunt, Cadillac will be in some serious trouble sooner rather than later.

I fully expect the XT6 to outsell the Aviator on the lease price alone. Cadillac will toss $7000 in lease/dealer cash on it which will end up lowering the lease price to be $150/$200 a month cheaper than even the base Aviator. They will also talk about high ATP's as those are calculated before cash back is assessed on the transaction. 

• Like 1

XT6 is an 7 passenger XT5, in other words it will sell to it's intended market (mid-class, soccer moms) well and out-sell Aviator (as Cadillacs out-sell other Lincoln utilities). Aviator is more for men. 

Edited by Fgts

A side note: these suv/cuv, whatever they are marketing them as now, are blending in so much with each other. Yesterday, I was in traffic and pulling up to a stop light behind a Cadillac XT4 and I literally thought it was a Honda CR-V for a short time. The tail lamps made me think that the way they turn in on the gate was the culprit. But the escape and RAV had same profile and so on. Pretty soon we will be driving the same vehicle with a different badge. 

On 3/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, akirby said:

No it’s not.   XT6 may outsell Aviator based on price though.

XT6 starts at a higher price.  But it will be below Aviator at the top end.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, akirby said:

Women will buy it on looks alone.   It’s gorgeous.

Especially if one of their friends get one.

• Like 1