Ordered a Ranger Lariat

SVOGT

I just had my dealer order one for me last evening. My lease is up April 27th on my F150 which is a long ways off, but with how popular the preorders seemed to be I don't expect it much before then. He is just ordering as dealer stock allocation so no money down and if something changes they would just sell it to someone else. I am getting an XLT SuperCrew 4x4 in Magnetic, FX4, 302A, medium stone premium cloth, sport package with Magnetic wheels, tow package, interior tray liners, block heater. I think that's about everything.

Thanks Fuzzy...

It looks like it really pops.!

Looking forward to delivery ?

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That red looks fantastic in daylight. It looked really good on the Focus and C-Max under the lights inside the plant, and now I've seen a few Focus and C-Max driving around in that color and it looks phenomenall. You won't be disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the Hot Pepper Red at a car show here and it is unique. There are so many competitor's colors close to the F 150 Ruby Red thank goodness this isn't another one. Of course, I'm not saying I have seen every color on every vehicle out there now or in the past, but this one in person is not captured in any picture I have seen on the internet including Ford's and especially the one above (way too much burgundy in that red). Hot Pepper is a classy name, but if you can imagine a sparkling copper with a reddish hue or vice versa that would be my best description. Now granted, I'm a huge Clemson fan and of course I like orange and this (to me and my liking) is more to the red side of orange where Saber is to the gold or yellowish side.

Even the bottom picture doesn't "POP" like the color really does in the sunlight. Oh well, kinda' like vanilla vs chocolate ice cream and at least it is only + $395 not $595 like white platinum

Image result for hot pepper red 2019 ranger colors2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Ellisville, MO - Bommarito Automotive Group

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered mine January 27th. Got a call from the dealer saying he just got a VIN February 14th. He also said the projected build was the first week of April "and if there aren't any part shortages etc. then ...maybe the end of April, but in May is more likely". ?

Hot Pepper Lariat Crew, RWD/ Locking Diff, 501A, trailer tow pkg., splash guards, chrome pkg., chrome running boards, keyless entry, sprayin bedliner,

hard fold tonneau cover2142993879_2019RangerLariatHotPepperRed.jpg.36f2db804bddeffca47de5c81a06d335.jpg

MSRP $41,830 X Plan $40,238

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

My window sticker just showed up with a blend date of 2-28-19. I ordered a SuperCrew XLT 302A, FX4, tow pkg., block heater, tray floor liners. MSRP $40,115 X-Plan $38,628.

Now for the long wait. My F150 lease is up Apr. 27th so hopefully the timing all works out. I'm excited!

Screenshot_2018-11-13-09-23-55~2.png

Congrats!  Will be a nice looking truck.  Mine has been released to shipping.  Was supposed to be at the dealer by now.  Guess it might show up in the next week or two.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, akirby said:

Sweet!  It's a mini-me version of my F150 right down to the wheels.

Today I went and looked at a Lariat which is basically the same color, wheels, FX4, etc. as the one I have coming and it looked great. It was my first time seeing it in person. The Ranger was significantly smaller then the F150 SuperCrew parked next to it, but quite a bit larger then the 2011 and below Ranger. The size of the front seat area and width inside the cab reminded me of my 2005 Explorer. After seeing it in person I don't think it will steal many F150 customers except for ones that might have gone for a more basic SuperCab F150. Anyhow I'm happy with my choice after seeing it in person. Now I just have to wait.

Edited by 2005Explorer

I know there is a short supply, but the dealer I ordered from got their first stock Ranger in about 12 days ago ( Black XLT 4x4) and haven't sold it yet. They haven't done any "add ons" to jack up the price...just trying to hold MSRP. I wonder what's happening around the country with stock inventory sales?

Same here. Lots in to look, but no buyers. He said everyone who has ordered so far has ordered a Lariat and the interest is also. The F150 sold more XLT, but he's not worried about the XLT Rangers selling. He says people have said they're waiting for the reviews to come in from the people who have bought them. 

I just checked around Greenville, SC and it seems that even the largest Ford dealers only have 1-3 Rangers in stock inventory. The largest discount was $1,000 on a Lariat with a $45, 000 + MSRP. The mid to smaller dealers having only 1 in stock, if that, were not advertising any discount. I didn't see any evidence of dealer add-ons like those wheels and tires, but I know that some dealers have dealer fees as high as $398 (or possibly more). Still a supply/demand issue around here.