New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Raw

Re : Delivery time. How long is too long?

So, I ordered Super Duty 10/1/18.  To  this date, no truck.  NOBODY knows where it is, or at least they won't give me a straight answer.  Ford tracking and Palsapp are useless,  as is Ford customer service and my dealer.  I know these things take time so I'm not sure at what point I should start seeking answers, as in seeking legal advice, filing complaints, etc.

So, how long is too long?

Thanks.

Mine was May 9 to Aug 27, but that included the model year change and dealer ordering previous year when it should have been obvious that only 2019 order was possible. My build was Aug 3, so it took over 3 weeks to arrive in rural New Mexico. Dealer needs to be super prodded to get with regional manager and track it down on their computer system.

1 hour ago, Raw said:

So, I ordered Super Duty 10/1/18.  To  this date, no truck.  NOBODY knows where it is, or at least they won't give me a straight answer.  Ford tracking and Palsapp are useless,  as is Ford customer service and my dealer.  I know these things take time so I'm not sure at what point I should start seeking answers, as in seeking legal advice, filing complaints, etc.

So, how long is too long?

Thanks.

Post your VIN and I'll look it up in the morning 

11 hours ago, rickjohnson45@gmail.com said:

Mine was May 9 to Aug 27, but that included the model year change and dealer ordering previous year when it should have been obvious that only 2019 order was possible. My build was Aug 3, so it took over 3 weeks to arrive in rural New Mexico. Dealer needs to be super prodded to get with regional manager and track it down on their computer system.

"super prodded" is code for what?!  🤣

5 hours ago, Raw said:

Ok so I'm not sure what's going on but the search system isn't working for me right now. Happens every now and then. I'll try again later.

Just chatted with Ford customer service and they tell me my truck is still sitting at KTP awaiting shipment.  This is outrageous.  No excuse in the world for it to sit for over 60 days.

I will seek legal advice on Monday to see if I can back out and buy another similar truck in my region.

1 hour ago, Raw said:

Just chatted with Ford customer service and they tell me my truck is still sitting at KTP awaiting shipment.  This is outrageous.  No excuse in the world for it to sit for over 60 days.

I will seek legal advice on Monday to see if I can back out and buy another similar truck in my region.

No legal advice needed. If you haven't signed the paperwork and took delivery you’re free to do whatever you want.

4 hours ago, Raw said:

As fuzzy mentioned, no legal advice is needed.  Regardless what the dealer tells you, deposits are refundable.

Thank you gentlemen, but I DID sign the papers.  I ordered on 10/1/18 and applied for loan  same day.  Loan approval expired in 45 days, so I signed all the paperwork 11/12, just before expiration because I was too lazy to reapply for loan. The dealership has been paid and my first payment looms shortly.  To make matters worse, I traded my pristine low mileage 2015 SD on the same day, and it's since been sold.  I bought a winter beater, 07 Ford XL (Tennessee truck, no rust) with 215,000 miles on it for cheap.  Heck, it has rollup windows. That's what I'm driving now.

What really bugs me is that the new truck is probably sitting out under the stars exposed to rain, snow, condensation, bird crap and whatever.  We all know letting a vehicle sit for too long is not good.  The batteries lose charge, the finish fades and such.  I garage my vehicles, so the thought of it sitting out with no love makes me cringe.

Ford really needs to take a look at their vehicle logistics.