New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Husker4theSpurs

Anyone done any customizing to their Navigator (2018+)?

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I'm still searching for the 'dirty' you mention...

It photographed better than it looks, but pretty picky about keeping my cars clean. 

On 2/4/2019 at 4:06 PM, Jbidwal said:

New here but I just bought my black reserve 2018 navigator a few months ago. I dropped it off this  morning to get the wheels powder coated gloss black. I have had aftermarket wheels in the past and didn’t want to go that route this time due to the various issues that come with them.  I’ll post pics for those interested in doing the same. 

gracias!

On 2/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jbidwal said:

Not the best pics as the car is dirty but I’m pleased with the results. I liked the  stock wheels and the way they drove just the finish wasn’t really matching the rest of the car. 

1922140C-E9BC-473E-A6DD-42CA1A253C15.jpeg

6D9E7186-598C-4A1E-A9BE-F5585172CB04.jpeg

I like that, they look great. I think the gloss with the chrome lugnuts matches the rest of the vehicle well unless you intended to murder out the vehicle. 

Are you changing any other chrome parts? 

3 hours ago, tbone said:

I like that, they look great. I think the gloss with the chrome lugnuts matches the rest of the vehicle well unless you intended to murder out the vehicle. 

Are you changing any other chrome parts? 

No I’m keeping the rest of the chrome pieces. I seen the all black pieces in person and I didn’t really care for it too much. IMO the chrome actually helps this car look better, especially the grill 

16 hours ago, Jbidwal said:

No I’m keeping the rest of the chrome pieces. I seen the all black pieces in person and I didn’t really care for it too much. IMO the chrome actually helps this car look better, especially the grill 

I would say the same on a darker exterior car as well. I think I will black out the grille surround at least on our white platinum.

5 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I would say the same on a darker exterior car as well. I think I will black out the grille surround at least on our white platinum.

Gloss black will look nice on the white. All of my previous cars were white and that’s a nice combo. I prefer the black vs chrome on white too. 

22 hours ago, Jbidwal said:

Agreed on the black vehicles, I like some accent pieces so the vehicle  doesn’t blend together. However on the white vehicles, I do like all of the chrome blacked out. 

A few pics I found online ... the Chroma Blue is Jay Leno's customized Navigator.

I think I will do the grille for sure. Maybe the lower chrome line along the side?? On the pic of the white one here not sure I'm liking the body color wrap on the lower rocker piece.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.12.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.12.52 AM.png

2 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

A few pics I found online ... the Chroma Blue is Jay Leno's customized Navigator.

I think I will do the grille for sure. Maybe the lower chrome line along the side?? On the pic of the white one here not sure I'm liking the body color wrap on the lower rocker piece.

I would start with the grill and maybe the rear piece by the taillights . See how you like it and go from there. Some chrome is ok imo. 

21 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Will the grill have to be painted or can it be wrapped? I have no experience with wraps.  I’ve seen a number of Navigators and Expeditions around me with the body above the beltline wrapped in black, mostly on the white ones. I like that look quite a bit

5 hours ago, tbone said:

Will the grill have to be painted or can it be wrapped? I have no experience with wraps.  I’ve seen a number of Navigators and Expeditions around me with the body above the beltline wrapped in black, mostly on the white ones. I like that look quite a bit

You can’t wrap the grill. Has to be painted. 

On 2/9/2019 at 5:56 PM, Jbidwal said:

I would start with the grill and maybe the rear piece by the taillights . See how you like it and go from there. Some chrome is ok imo. 

Yeah, I'm feeling ya. I'm gonna start w the powder coated rims and dark tint and go from there (rear LINCOLN in black and Black Label side badge). Grille likely first and then I agree with you ... perhaps that piece between the taillights too. I'm just worried if I do anything on the side of the car (lower piece, door handles, and roof rack) I'll have to do all and eliminate all chrome and I'm feeling that will look like too much.

3 hours ago, Jbidwal said:

You can’t wrap the grill. Has to be painted. 

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing too ... or plastidipped. A friend suggested wrapping the grille surround and leaving the grille chrome. I'm having a tough time picturing it in my head though.