Anyone done any customizing to their Navigator (2018+)?

On 2/4/2019 at 4:06 PM, Jbidwal said:

New here but I just bought my black reserve 2018 navigator a few months ago. I dropped it off this  morning to get the wheels powder coated gloss black. I have had aftermarket wheels in the past and didn’t want to go that route this time due to the various issues that come with them.  I’ll post pics for those interested in doing the same. 

gracias!

On 2/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jbidwal said:

Not the best pics as the car is dirty but I’m pleased with the results. I liked the  stock wheels and the way they drove just the finish wasn’t really matching the rest of the car. 

1922140C-E9BC-473E-A6DD-42CA1A253C15.jpeg

6D9E7186-598C-4A1E-A9BE-F5585172CB04.jpeg

I like that, they look great. I think the gloss with the chrome lugnuts matches the rest of the vehicle well unless you intended to murder out the vehicle. 

Are you changing any other chrome parts? 

3 hours ago, tbone said:

I like that, they look great. I think the gloss with the chrome lugnuts matches the rest of the vehicle well unless you intended to murder out the vehicle. 

Are you changing any other chrome parts? 

No I’m keeping the rest of the chrome pieces. I seen the all black pieces in person and I didn’t really care for it too much. IMO the chrome actually helps this car look better, especially the grill 

16 hours ago, Jbidwal said:

No I’m keeping the rest of the chrome pieces. I seen the all black pieces in person and I didn’t really care for it too much. IMO the chrome actually helps this car look better, especially the grill 

I would say the same on a darker exterior car as well. I think I will black out the grille surround at least on our white platinum.

5 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I would say the same on a darker exterior car as well. I think I will black out the grille surround at least on our white platinum.

Gloss black will look nice on the white. All of my previous cars were white and that’s a nice combo. I prefer the black vs chrome on white too. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jbidwal said:

Agreed on the black vehicles, I like some accent pieces so the vehicle  doesn’t blend together. However on the white vehicles, I do like all of the chrome blacked out. 

2 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

A few pics I found online ... the Chroma Blue is Jay Leno's customized Navigator.

I think I will do the grille for sure. Maybe the lower chrome line along the side?? On the pic of the white one here not sure I'm liking the body color wrap on the lower rocker piece.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.12.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.12.52 AM.png

I would start with the grill and maybe the rear piece by the taillights . See how you like it and go from there. Some chrome is ok imo. 

21 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

A few pics I found online ... the Chroma Blue is Jay Leno's customized Navigator.

I think I will do the grille for sure. Maybe the lower chrome line along the side?? On the pic of the white one here not sure I'm liking the body color wrap on the lower rocker piece.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.12.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.12.52 AM.png

Will the grill have to be painted or can it be wrapped? I have no experience with wraps.  I’ve seen a number of Navigators and Expeditions around me with the body above the beltline wrapped in black, mostly on the white ones. I like that look quite a bit

5 hours ago, tbone said:

Will the grill have to be painted or can it be wrapped? I have no experience with wraps.  I’ve seen a number of Navigators and Expeditions around me with the body above the beltline wrapped in black, mostly on the white ones. I like that look quite a bit

You can’t wrap the grill. Has to be painted. 

On 2/9/2019 at 5:56 PM, Jbidwal said:

I would start with the grill and maybe the rear piece by the taillights . See how you like it and go from there. Some chrome is ok imo. 

Yeah, I'm feeling ya. I'm gonna start w the powder coated rims and dark tint and go from there (rear LINCOLN in black and Black Label side badge). Grille likely first and then I agree with you ... perhaps that piece between the taillights too. I'm just worried if I do anything on the side of the car (lower piece, door handles, and roof rack) I'll have to do all and eliminate all chrome and I'm feeling that will look like too much.

• 6 months later...

With the new silver (Silver Radiance) coming to the Navigator for 2020 as well as a new white as well (Pristine White) I'm feeling in a tough spot regarding customizing again ... still planning on going with the black grille and wheels and will get a Black Label badge for the side and LINCOLN across the back and deep tinted windows. I just don't know about the door handles and lower rocker trim and other chrome bits ...

Here are the two new colors on the Aviator ... gonna have to wait till November to see them on a Navigator.

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 10.19.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 10.23.54 PM.png

• 6 months later...

Just for tires, I had bought some 22" Nitto Ridge Grappler's that look very aggressive, yet drive excellent in all conditions. I got ceramic tint for the fronts at my state legal limit, blends nicely even with the rears a tad darker (and not legal). I would love to get some Brembo's.

Interested by the HPE 600 package ultimately (once warranty has run its course). Of course, have to see next-gen before anything major.

IMG_0285.jpg

Edited by Matrix8000
  • Like 1

Finally got mine (posted in another thread but will post here too). Black Label in Pristine White w/factory black rims and Alpine (Chalet theme). I deleted almost all the chrome and tinted the front windows to match. I added a factory black grille from a black monochrome Reserve. I also added an aftermarket RSES that works better than the OEM Lincoln Play. Really happy with how it turned out. Having a few small thoughts on lightly smoking the headlights and maybe the taillamps.

Nav Front Quarter.jpg

Nav Side 4.jpg

Nav Rear Quarter.jpg

2 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Finally got mine (posted in another thread but will post here too). Black Label in Pristine White w/factory black rims and Alpine (Chalet theme). I deleted almost all the chrome and tinted the front windows to match. I added a factory black grille from a black monochrome Reserve. I also added an aftermarket RSES that works better than the OEM Lincoln Play. Really happy with how it turned out. Having a few small thoughts on lightly smoking the headlights and maybe the taillamps.

Nav Front Quarter.jpg

Nav Side 4.jpg

Nav Rear Quarter.jpg

Looks great!  I like the changes you made. 

• Like 1

That's a stunning color combination! Any suggestions on my vehicle? I can't go extreme, but can do some general upgrades. I have the Black Navigator posted a few back. The Interior is already awesome, but has anybody done any good customization?

P.S.- what drive mode do you all keep it in? I just use the regular 4x4 Normal, but it seems the Excite mode disables auto start/stop, which is something I like vs manually.

5 hours ago, Matrix8000 said:

That's a stunning color combination! Any suggestions on my vehicle? I can't go extreme, but can do some general upgrades. I have the Black Navigator posted a few back. The Interior is already awesome, but has anybody done any good customization?

P.S.- what drive mode do you all keep it in? I just use the regular 4x4 Normal, but it seems the Excite mode disables auto start/stop, which is something I like vs manually.

Thanks!

Honestly I like the darker colors just like you have it with the contrast with the chrome! One thing you could do is get a black grille from the monochrome package from parts? Or just have it painted (probably cheaper). Look up some pics of a black with monochrome package to see what it would look like in front.

I normally leave it in normal (just because I forget to change it). I probably would keep it in CONSERVE most times if I'd think of it just because I didn't think it felt too underpowered. EXCITE felt a bit firm to me.

19 hours ago, Matrix8000 said:

Most of my driving is done in the normal setting. I always disable the ASS upon startup and after a few cycles it becomes a regular step in the start up process and I don’t even think about it.  I run ‘excite’ when I’m in the mountains as the shift points make for better driving up and down hill.  I’ll do normal 4x4 if it’s bad enough rain and when I’m on forest service roads.  I’ve yet to find a situation where the normal 4x4 can’t get me out of any dirt/mud situation but I can’t wait to find a place to test those other settings out.  I have used the 4low just out of curiosity, it adds a pitch and yaw gauge to the cluster which is neat.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI I recently bought a $100 Auto Start/Stop eliminator plug for my Navigator, it works flawlessly. It's just a plug cap and there's no reprogramming to risk any warranty issues. It's basically like inserting a USB stick in complexity. It's also recessed way under the foot area that can't be seen. USA made, all positive reviews, and can simply be unplugged for dealer maintenance, if they were to even care.

I just leave it in 4x4 Normal these days, it's already plenty powerful that have no need for the "excite" mode on a 6,000lb vehicle.

• 5 months later...

I dont care for my stock crome wheels on out 2018 BL Long . I actually prefer the reserves wheels.  dealer would not switch them out

Are there any dealers in S florida that would?  Or where can I sell mine and buy the ones I prefer at my next tire change.  

• 9 months later...