Jump to content

New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

  • Custom Search


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, hahnk37 said:

Disappointed to see the sport appearance package go. Hopefully it makes a return.

 

Still there just more expensive and comes with a 3.0L ecoboost engine.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deanh said:

thaty is correct...its Captains or nothing in the Limited...has us scratching our heads as well, because as far as take rate gos, our requests for second row buckets is absolutely miniscule....

Exactly what I was thinking - they dropped it after a few years in Flex because it was so low.  Why on earth would they make it standard without a delete option?  Let's take away all the utility from a utility.  Don't get me wrong, it's cool to have the buckets+console, but it's just more practical to have the bench in the second row.

1 hour ago, hahnk37 said:

Disappointed to see the sport appearance package go. Hopefully it makes a return.

That's usually been an addition a few years down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deanh said:

thaty is correct...its Captains or nothing in the Limited...has us scratching our heads as well, because as far as take rate gos, our requests for second row buckets is absolutely miniscule....

Interesting to read about your take rate.  On the explorer forum, there are many that have buckets as well as many that have bought the 40 online or from a salvage yard to convert to buckets.  

 

If you have inflatable 2nd row seatbelts, that middle seat was worthless.  You cant fit a carseat there and any person sitting there would be wedged and sitting at a 45 degree angle to fit between the 2 belts.

 

On my 11, having a car seat on each side makes it impossible to get to the back without removing one.  If I had captains, I could get back there (without console).  Been a real pain the past 8 years with a bench and 2 kids.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Interesting to read about your take rate.  On the explorer forum, there are many that have buckets as well as many that have bought the 40 online or from a salvage yard to convert to buckets.  

 

If you have inflatable 2nd row seatbelts, that middle seat was worthless.  You cant fit a carseat there and any person sitting there would be wedged and sitting at a 45 degree angle to fit between the 2 belts.

 

On my 11, having a car seat on each side makes it impossible to get to the back without removing one.  If I had captains, I could get back there (without console).  Been a real pain the past 8 years with a bench and 2 kids.

Well, good thing they got rid of the inflatable seatbelts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We love the Flex with buckets (and no console) on our Flex.  When we had 3 kids in booster/car seats, it was perfect because the oldest kid in the booster could get in the back without having to move either of the other two seats.  Perfect solution IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, good thing they got rid of the inflatable seatbelts.

I never really got the point of those anyway....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

I never really got the point of those anyway....

I have them in my Super Duty because we like two kids more than the third...

 

😄

Edited by fordmantpw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I never really got the point of those anyway....

Spread crash forces across a broader area, they were especially useful at lowing forces on lower weight and senior passengers reducing risks of broken bones and bruising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, hahnk37 said:

Disappointed to see the sport appearance package go. Hopefully it makes a return.

 

On 1/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, akirby said:

 

Still there just more expensive and comes with a 3.0L ecoboost engine.....

hank37 may be referring to the XLT Sport Appearance Package (65P) that debuted in the 2017 model year. 

I liked the blacked-out look that did not break the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jgonza5 said:

 

hank37 may be referring to the XLT Sport Appearance Package (65P) that debuted in the 2017 model year. 

I liked the blacked-out look that did not break the bank.

I know what he meant - I was making a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 Pricing has been released.

 

Here is the ST

 

MSRP________ INVOICE

BASE ST $54,740 _______ $52,550
Moonroof $1,695 _______ $1,593
Splash Guards $205 _________$193
Crossbars $325 _________$306
Wheel Lock $75 __________$70
Tech Package $995 _________$935
ST Street Pack $995 __________$935
Track Pack $1,595 _________$1,495
Cargo Mat $100__________$94
Delivery $1,095 _________$1,095

 

Not much more info on the Brake packages besides what Ford's system says:

Street Pack
21" aluminum Rims
Brembo brake package

Track Pack
21" Aluminum Rims
High Series Police Brakes

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

2020 Pricing has been released.

 

Here is the ST

 

MSRP________ INVOICE

BASE ST $54,740 _______ $52,550
Moonroof $1,695 _______ $1,593
Splash Guards $205 _________$193
Crossbars $325 _________$306
Wheel Lock $75 __________$70
Tech Package $995 _________$935
ST Street Pack $995 __________$935
Track Pack $1,595 _________$1,495
Cargo Mat $100__________$94
Delivery $1,095 _________$1,095

 

Not much more info on the Brake packages besides what Ford's system says:

Street Pack
21" aluminum Rims
Brembo brake package

Track Pack
21" Aluminum Rims
High Series Police Brakes

Have they released invoice pricing on the Lincoln Aviator? Specifically the GT model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

2020 Pricing has been released.

 

Here is the ST

 

MSRP________ INVOICE

BASE ST $54,740 _______ $52,550

 

This price makes a lot more sense that what the guy posted on the last page...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2019MY EXPLORER VS. 2020MY EXPLORER

- MSRP COMPARISON

 

2019MY Explorer Base 4WD                   $34,515

2020MY Explorer Base 4WD                   $34,765        +$250

 

2019MY Explorer XLT 4WD                     $36,550

2020MY Explorer XLT 4WD                     $38,675        +$2,125

 

2019MY Explorer Limited 4WD             $44,915

2020MY Explorer Limited 4WD             $50,130        +$5,215

2020MY Explorer Limited HEV 4WD     $54,475

 

2019MY Explorer Sport 4WD                 $46,625

2020MY Explorer Sport/ST 4WD           $54,740        +$8,115

 

2019MY Explorer Platinum 4WD           $54,165

202MY Explorer Platinum 4WD             $58,250        +$4,085

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pricing appears competitive at the lower end base and xlt but the upper end limited does not seem competitive when compared to other 3 row SUVs such as Telluride that was just released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

2019MY EXPLORER VS. 2020MY EXPLORER

 

- MSRP COMPARISON

 

 

 

2019MY Explorer Base 4WD                   $34,515

 

2020MY Explorer Base 4WD                   $34,765        +$250

 

 

 

2019MY Explorer XLT 4WD                     $36,550

 

2020MY Explorer XLT 4WD                     $38,675        +$2,125

 

 

 

2019MY Explorer Limited 4WD             $44,915

 

2020MY Explorer Limited 4WD             $50,130        +$5,215

 

2020MY Explorer Limited HEV 4WD     $54,475

 

 

 

2019MY Explorer Sport 4WD                 $46,625

 

2020MY Explorer Sport/ST 4WD           $54,740        +$8,115

 

 

 

2019MY Explorer Platinum 4WD           $54,165

 

202MY Explorer Platinum 4WD             $58,250        +$4,085

 

 

and rwd explorers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there would be some RWD Explorers ST 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

I thought there would be some RWD Explorers ST 

The 2020 Explorer ST is 4WD only, the same as the 2019 Explorer Sport it replaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2019MY EXPLORER VS. 2020MY EXPLORER

MSRP COMPARISON - REVISED (Includes All 2019MY vs. 2020MY Models)

 

2019MY Explorer Base FWD                   $32,365

2020MY Explorer Base RWD                 $32,765        +$400            

2019MY Explorer Base 4WD                   $34,515

2020MY Explorer Base 4WD                 $34,765        +$250

 

2019MY Explorer XLT FWD                     $34,400

2020MY Explorer XLT RWD                    $36,675        +$2,275

2019MY Explorer XLT 4WD                     $36,550

2020MY Explorer XLT 4WD                    $38,675        +$2,125

 

2019MY Explorer Limited FWD              $42,765

2020MY Explorer Limited RWD            $48,130        +$5,365

2019MY Explorer Limited 4WD             $44,915

2020MY Explorer Limited 4WD            $50,130        +$5,215

2020MY Explorer Limited HEV RWD     $52,280

2020MY Explorer Limited HEV 4WD     $54,475

 

2019MY Explorer Sport 4WD                 $46,625

2020MY Explorer Sport/ST 4WD          $54,740        +$8,115

 

2019MY Explorer Platinum 4WD           $54,165

2020MY Explorer Platinum 4WD         $58,250        +$4,085

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build & Price is up for the 2020 Explorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$47K for a loaded XLT (RWD).   $55K for a loaded hybrid Limited.  MSRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for a base XLT 4wd it’s a hair under 40! Wow. I thought the 360 was going to be standard? I see it’s a 750 option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ran a XLT AWD 200A/Tow/Comfort, $41.2K MSRP.  My similar 2014 (no Comfort) was $36K.  <$5K in 6 years doesn't sound too bad.  Although Mama doesn't stand a chance at getting a moonroof this time, not at a $7K package upcharge.

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 70 Stang said:

Build & Price is up for the 2020 Explorer

About time 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooooly hell that is way more expensive than I was hoping. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×