2020 Ford Explorer

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Looking at the expected retail mix, it’s 5% base, 10% XLT 201A,  29% XLT 202A and 64% Platinum/Limited/ST.  They are clearly marketing this as a premium vehicle.

And that's fine, just don't force people to take $5k-$7k packages for something as simple as a $750 comfort package. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Biggest issue with the comfort package is that heated front seats and steering wheel are included on the 202A XLT for 2019. 

Nope - they’re part of the cold weather package and optional on both 200A and 202A XLT.   But with 202A you have to get the moonroof and 20” wheels.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Nope - they’re part of the cold weather package and optional on both 200A and 202A XLT.   But with 202A you have to get the moonroof and 20” wheels.

Were talking about the 2019 not the 2020. 2019 XLT 202A has heated seats and Heated wheel in the package. Cold weather package for 201A on the XLT has heated seats, heated wheel, and front parking sensors (Those are also included on the 202)

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

Looking at the expected retail mix, it’s 5% base, 10% XLT 201A,  29% XLT 202A and 64% Platinum/Limited/ST.  They are clearly marketing this as a premium vehicle.

I thought that was what the Lincoln product line was for. Keep the Explorer for the "working man".

HRG

12 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I thought that was what the Lincoln product line was for. Keep the Explorer for the "working man".

HRG

Not this version.  When they decided to go RWD/CD6 they decided to go upscale with both Explorer and Aviator based on the success of the previous gen Explorer Platinum and Limited.    Aviator will go even higher - pushing $80K - $90K.

19 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

Looking at the demographs of the Explorer it has never been actually sold to the "working man" after 2011 redo, the demographis started to shift much richer customer base from the '02 redo, accelerated with the '06 refresh and and have been on a upward trajectory from then. The vast majority of 2020's will be leased and then turned over to the used market.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not this version.  When they decided to go RWD/CD6 they decided to go upscale with both Explorer and Aviator based on the success of the previous gen Explorer Platinum and Limited.    Aviator will go even higher - pushing $80K - $90K.

Thanks. Maybe they'll run the free moonroof promotion on the Escape again this spring, and I'll buy her a matching SEL like we got our daughter last year.

HRG

On 3/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, GGS1979 said:

I checked online and it doesn't appear that you can get a second row bench in the ST or Platinum.  Does anyone know if this can be special ordered ?  If not it's a deal breaker because I have 5 kids. 

I forgot about that - I remember reading it in the order guides months ago, and thought it was bizarre, and I'm still thinking the same thing.  I get that ST and Platinum are marketed to "high end" buyers.  But that doesn't mean those buyers don't want/need that extra seat.  If you want to make that the standard setup, but offer a bench for those that want it, fine.  But for it to not even be an option to swap to a bench is ridiculous.  It's not as if they don't make the bench already.

Edited by rmc523

"... Explorer it has never been actually sold to the "working man" after 2011 redo,"

Ford did same with the 1965 LTD and '83 LTD Crown Victoria. Brought the full sized Ford family car upscale and the plain jane trims went to fleet cars. By the last CV's, were fleet only.

Edited by 630land

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MosheYehuda said:

would anyone have any predictions what the lease money factor will be on the Explorer ST in July?

(right when the orders will arrive...)

Right out of the gate like that given recent history of new models, probably not that great 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Right out of the gate like that given recent history of new models, probably not that great 

The rates are usually poor at the beginning of the Model Year, especially for an all-new model. They'll get better over time as there's more inventory available, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...