2020 Ford Explorer

The 2020 Explorer USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open but Ford has not published the official introduction pricing yet. While the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is displaying prices, there is no Price Level code assigned yet. As such, be careful with any pricing assumptions. 2019MY vs. 2020MY Explorer prices are showing the 2020MY Explorers at prices well below the 2019's which would be very nice but not likely.

Dealers are being told not to expect the 2020 Explorers to start hitting the ground until July. Balance out scheduling for the 2019 Explorers wasn't fun as there were a lot of scheduling commodity issues with XLT's with #202A particularly difficult to get scheduled. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The 2020 Explorer USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open but Ford has not published the official introduction pricing yet. While the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is displaying prices, there is no Price Level code assigned yet. As such, be careful with any pricing assumptions. 2019MY vs. 2020MY Explorer prices are showing the 2020MY Explorers at prices well below the 2019's which would be very nice but not likely.

Dealers are being told not to expect the 2020 Explorers to start hitting the ground until July. Balance out scheduling for the 2019 Explorers wasn't fun as there were a lot of scheduling commodity issues with XLT's with #202A particularly difficult to get scheduled. 

So when can we expect official pricing on the Explorer and Aviator?

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I am being told by my connection out in dearborn that the order is in and they have to honor the pricing that was submitted at the time of the order even if ford updates it.  My name is already attached to the order and Ibhave the order #.. so we shall see how this plays out.

Here is my order.. 

20190119_133751.jpg

Edited by blwnsmoke

16 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

I am being told by my connection out in dearborn that the order is in and they have to honor the pricing that was submitted at the time of the order even if ford updates it.  My name is already attached to the order and Ibhave the order #.. so we shall see how this plays out.

Here is my order.. 

20190119_133751.jpg

Any time in the past, when the USOB opened and pricing was in the WBDO system, the pricing was accurate. This time there's no Price Level Code assigned and the pricing is substantially below the comparable 2019 Explorer Sport 4WD. Could Ford really be this aggressive with pricing on the new 2020 Explorer ST? Sure, maybe but very doubtful. If anything, there's always a price increase however small at times. If anything, there's almost always a price increase at the end of the Model Year so that the new model price increase looks smaller by comparison. 

I was going to price out a 2019 Explorer Sport 4WD with similar equipment to your order but the WBDO system is completely down this morning. Ford IT does their system maintenance on late Saturday night/Sunday morning for what it's worth. Anyway, I pulled a window sticker to use as a quick example of why I'm questioning the 2020MY pricing that's in the WBDO system. The MSRP on the attached 2019 Explorer Sport 4WD is $54,525 vs. $51,155 for your 2020MY Explorer ST 4WD and your order includes the $1,995 DVD Entertainment System which the 2019 Sport doesn't!

No question that you'll have a great deal on the 2020 Explorer ST at those prices! No doubt, I'll anxious to see what the introduction prices are when Ford releases the actual 2020 Explorer Price List.

Just wanted to provide this information to explain why I'm questioning the 2020MY that's in the WBDO system.  

1FM5K8GTXKGB0014313_WS.pdf

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Any time in the past, when the USOB opened and pricing was in the WBDO system, the pricing was accurate. This time there's no Price Level Code assigned and the pricing is substantially below the comparable 2019 Explorer Sport 4WD. Could Ford really be this aggressive with pricing on the new 2020 Explorer ST? Sure, maybe but very doubtful. If anything, there's always a price increase however small at times. If anything, there's almost always a price increase at the end of the Model Year so that the new model price increase looks smaller by comparison. 

I was going to price out a 2019 Explorer Sport 4WD with similar equipment to your order but the WBDO system is completely down this morning. Ford IT does their system maintenance on late Saturday night/Sunday morning for what it's worth. Anyway, I pulled a window sticker to use as a quick example of why I'm questioning the 2020MY pricing that's in the WBDO system. The MSRP on the attached 2019 Explorer Sport 4WD is $54,525 vs. $51,155 for your 2020MY Explorer ST 4WD and your order includes the $1,995 DVD Entertainment System which the 2019 Sport doesn't!

No question that you'll have a great deal on the 2020 Explorer ST at those prices! No doubt, I'll anxious to see what the introduction prices are when Ford releases the actual 2020 Explorer Price List.

Just wanted to provide this information to explain why I'm questioning the 2020MY that's in the WBDO system.  

1FM5K8GTXKGB0014313_WS.pdf

I completely believe what you are saying and I believe Ford goofed on this.  My actual order is the last one without the dvd..  The technology package and street pack are both listed at $0.  I am under the belief that these options will be at least $3000-$4,000 more then what my order is.  I was planning on holding off on getting one but with this order submitted with this pricing, I cant give this up.  Already talked tonthe wife last night lol...  so looks like June or July..  I know once they start production of customer orders, mine will be built quick as a Priority 1.  

I really wish I knew what the Track Pack was giving you... it says the Track Pack brakes are dealer installed in the order guide... so is it just better pads?  Not enough info out there yet.  If it is just pads, I assume I can just buy the pads at a later date if I choose too.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:23 PM, Assimilator said:

The Explorer ST looks good, but I'm really starting to dislike the abundance of black cladding in those wheel arches.  

I think it looks good on the ST, but the Platinum is another story. It should get an Elite treatment like the Edge.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:30 PM, blwnsmoke said:

$51k MSRP fully loaded with track pack on the ST..  $49k without dvd headrests..  so $46k range approx at invoice.  My guy ordered a blue one for me.

Screenshot_20190118-144636_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20190118-144629_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Are we going to ignore that the Track Pack is $0?

This pricing doesn't sound right at all.  That's Edge ST pricing.

22 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

I completely believe what you are saying and I believe Ford goofed on this.  My actual order is the last one without the dvd..  The technology package and street pack are both listed at $0.  I am under the belief that these options will be at least $3000-$4,000 more then what my order is.  I was planning on holding off on getting one but with this order submitted with this pricing, I cant give this up.  Already talked tonthe wife last night lol...  so looks like June or July..  I know once they start production of customer orders, mine will be built quick as a Priority 1.  

I really wish I knew what the Track Pack was giving you... it says the Track Pack brakes are dealer installed in the order guide... so is it just better pads?  Not enough info out there yet.  If it is just pads, I assume I can just buy the pads at a later date if I choose too.

I assumed the track pack was something a lot more than different pads?

Don't remember them detailing it though.

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Are we going to ignore that the Track Pack is $0?

This pricing doesn't sound right at all.  That's Edge ST pricing.

I assumed the track pack was something a lot more than different pads?

Don't remember them detailing it though.

This is 5K cheaper than an Edge ST. 401A ST with DVD, Performance and Cold Weather is almost $55K.

Going to make Edge's a tough sell, though maybe that's the idea -- kill the Flex/MKT, kill the Edge with the Explorer sales and then say we don't need Oakville in 18 months. 

1 minute ago, jasonj80 said:

This is 5K cheaper than an Edge ST. 401A ST with DVD, Performance and Cold Weather is almost $55K.

Going to make Edge's a tough sell, though maybe that's the idea -- kill the Flex/MKT, kill the Edge with the Explorer sales and then say we don't need Oakville in 18 months. 

Easy with the hyperbole there Jim, I don't think Ford is looking to close plants right now. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, 02MustangGT said:

@Deanh can you weigh in on the pricing and if this is legit?   Order banks are not open yet so I am skeptical.  

looks like a legit printout from Fords WBDO site ( Web based dealer ordering ) in which case color me surprised...we have 54k 2019 SPORTS right now...I would take it with a grain of salt...whilst one CAN spec unit out and pricing is displayed...theres no additional costs for anything other than the twin panel...and we all know the Track Pack will NOT be free, or the Premium Technology Package.....heck I loaded one up, half the options listed at $0, and MSRP was $48k...

Edited by Deanh

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

looks like a legit printout from Fords WBDO site ( Web based dealer ordering ) in which case color me surprised...we have 54k 2019 SPORTS right now...I would take it with a grain of salt...whilst one CAN spec unit out and pricing is displayed...theres no additional costs for anything other than the twin panel...and we all know the Track Pack will NOT be free, or the Premium Technology Package.....heck I loaded one up, half the options listed at $0, and MSRP was $48k...

Exactly.  I get there are some packages (looks like it had equipment group 400A) that may include some of those optional items, but even it is listed at $0, unless 400 is the base ST code (usually 401A would be a higher trim code)

Also, look at the columns, the option line items don't properly line up with the pricing on the right column in that left grouping with all $0's, whereas the right grouping with pricing lines up nicely like it normally would.

It's clear this is still a work in progress.  Pricing for what is priced on here is likely accurate, but there's no way the rest of that stuff is free/included.  And there's no way a loaded Explorer ST would be LESS than an Edge ST.

46 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Exactly.  I get there are some packages (looks like it had equipment group 400A) that may include some of those optional items, but even it is listed at $0, unless 400 is the base ST code (usually 401A would be a higher trim code)

Also, look at the columns, the option line items don't properly line up with the pricing on the right column in that left grouping with all $0's, whereas the right grouping with pricing lines up nicely like it normally would.

It's clear this is still a work in progress.  Pricing for what is priced on here is likely accurate, but there's no way the rest of that stuff is free/included.  And there's no way a loaded Explorer ST would be LESS than an Edge ST.

theres only one package for the ST, and it is in fact just the 400a...I don't think the site is up to speed yet...

55 minutes ago, Deanh said:

theres only one package for the ST, and it is in fact just the 400a...I don't think the site is up to speed yet...

Interesting.  Ok, I get that, so that one could be "included/$0" but as you point out, there's no way the rest of that option list is all included for free.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Interesting.  Ok, I get that, so that one could be "included/$0" but as you point out, there's no way the rest of that option list is all included for free.

It seems you haven't looked at the order guide to understand what comes with it.

400a package only (standard) - no cost

Premium Tech Package (massage seats, 14 speaker audio, 10.1" tablet style display - these 3 options will be $0 because it is included as a package cost)

ST Street Package (includes 21" wheels, Performance Brakes and Red Calipers - again these 3 options would be $0 because it is included as a package cost)

ST Track Package (21" wheels, High- Performance Brakes and Red Calipers - these 3 options would be $0 because it is included as a package cost)

Twin Panel Moonroof

Floor Liners

License Plate Bracket

Engine Block Heater

Cargo Mat

Roof Rail Cross Bars

Smoker's Package

Wheel Locks

Splash Guards

--------

Everything on my order has a cost but the Brake package and the Premium Tech package.  All the remaining $0 costs are correct EXCEPT those 2 packages.  I already stated above that I'm sure that is an error and we are looking at $4-$5,000 more but being my order is put in already, I have been told that Ford has to honor it.  Again, we shall see how this plays out but I've been assured this will be the pricing for my order.  

14 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

It seems you haven't looked at the order guide to understand what comes with it.

400a package only (standard) - no cost

Premium Tech Package (massage seats, 14 speaker audio, 10.1" tablet style display - these 3 options will be $0 because it is included as a package cost)

ST Street Package (includes 21" wheels, Performance Brakes and Red Calipers - again these 3 options would be $0 because it is included as a package cost)

ST Track Package (21" wheels, High- Performance Brakes and Red Calipers - these 3 options would be $0 because it is included as a package cost)

Twin Panel Moonroof

Floor Liners

License Plate Bracket

Engine Block Heater

Cargo Mat

Roof Rail Cross Bars

Smoker's Package

Wheel Locks

Splash Guards

--------

Everything on my order has a cost but the Brake package and the Premium Tech package.  All the remaining $0 costs are correct EXCEPT those 2 packages.  I already stated above that I'm sure that is an error and we are looking at $4-$5,000 more but being my order is put in already, I have been told that Ford has to honor it.  Again, we shall see how this plays out but I've been assured this will be the pricing for my order.  

I haven't seen the order guide anywhere.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It was uploaded last Wednesday.

I find it very surprising that second row buckets + floor console are standard on XLT and up.  And unless it's a typo, you cannot get the optional second row bench on Limited/Hybrid or ST?  But you can on XLT and Platinum?  And if you get the bench on Platinum, you lose the power fold capability.

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I find it very surprising that second row buckets + floor console are standard on XLT and up.  And unless it's a typo, you cannot get the optional second row bench on Limited/Hybrid or ST?  But you can on XLT and Platinum?  And if you get the bench on Platinum, you lose the power fold capability.

thaty is correct...its Captains or nothing in the Limited...has us scratching our heads as well, because as far as take rate gos, our requests for second row buckets is absolutely miniscule....