Last Vermont SP CV

As well as Conn SP.  Was on I-91 northbound out of New Haven yesterday in heavy rain and what looked like a Tesla S lost it was across SB lanes with major front end damage.  Cops not there yet and soon saw a SP Taurus southbound followed by a CV.  Of course plenty of locals still running them-except my town they jumped on the Charger band wagon early on but now only  Charger left is the chiefs- others replaced by   Explorer PI's and last week they put a new 150 Pursuit  in Service.

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

The good news is, there will be plenty of front suspension subframes for F-100 front suspension conversion projects....

Related image

It's supposed to be a great solution for making the old truck handle, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would do this. The appeal of an old Ford truck is the 1960s simplicity and style. It's never going to excel at driving dynamics or speeding around (or down) a race track relative to other better suited platforms, so what's the point of trying? To each their own I guess.

14 minutes ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

It's supposed to be a great solution for making the old truck handle, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would do this. The appeal of an old Ford truck is the 1960s simplicity and style. It's never going to excel at driving dynamics or speeding around (or down) a race track relative to other better suited platforms, so what's the point of trying? To each their own I guess.

I can agree on that point...my 1995 F150 (not pictured...lol) with 300ci I-6, 5 speed stick and twin-I-beam front end is a classic throwback of rubbery handling....didn't buy it to race (for sure)...but did buy it due to its stone cold simplicity and reliability...

Related image

Edited by twintornados

The twin I beams are great! Of course the handling ain't anything to write home about (how much can you honestly expect out of 85 ratio tires anyways lol), but they're very robust and indestructible. The ball joints (or king pins if you go back far enough) are loaded much less severely than a typical long / short arm independent setup and will generally last a lot longer. Although the achilles heel is the radius arm bushings. Gotta keep those fresh as they'll make it wobbly in a hurry!