2019 Ford Ranger Crash Test

1 hour ago, jrodrigu said:

I wonder what the test results will for the 2019 Ford Ranger for both NHTSA and IIHS. Ford needs to improve on their safety ratings. Hopefully the tests will be as good as as the F150.

AFAIK Ranger is 5 star  under Euro NCAP but was advised years ago that all vehicles that could be required by North America must comply to company standards for that region. So I'm pretty sure that roll over, and Government mandated NHTSA front and side tests should all be good, not sure about IIHS but will be interesting since the design predates short overlap testing...

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Do I see 3 spring leafs on that thing?

Yep....assuming that the chassis redesign tweaks for North American Ranger included dropping the "leaf pack" and going with a parabolic single leaf with a helper / overload spring under it.

Edited by twintornados

23 hours ago, jpd80 said:

AFAIK Ranger is 5 star  under Euro NCAP but was advised years ago that all vehicles that could be required by North America must comply to company standards for that region. So I'm pretty sure that roll over, and Government mandated NHTSA front and side tests should all be good, not sure about IIHS but will be interesting since the design predates short overlap testing...

Yep and if Euro NCAP re-test the truck today, it probably will only get 4 stars because it is missing some safety electronic aid systems.

So I think if we are able to extrapolate, the new Ranger should do quite well on NHTSA but open question on IIHS given that they also award bonus points for having electronic aids.

53 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Yep and if Euro NCAP re-test the truck today, it probably will only get 4 stars because it is missing some safety electronic aid systems.

So I think if we are able to extrapolate, the new Ranger should do quite well on NHTSA but open question on IIHS given that they also award bonus points for having electronic aids.

Latest refresh added the missing electronic aids you mentioned, Ranger has been progressively upgraded over the product cycle to maintain 5 star rating 

since US Ranger is a piggyback it too has AEB and other upgrades

Edited by jpd80