'19 Ranger Requires Tire Removal for Oil Change

8 minutes ago, fordtech1 said:

Independent shops are different from jiffy lube. I understand going somewhere you trust. I just can’t find a reason to go to jiffy lube. Some shops including dealers are crap. That stems from poor management. 

Agreed.  I would never use a shop like Jiffy Lube. 

Took a look at a Ranger today. You can do it without removing the tire. Turn the wheel all the way to the right, remove two push pins on the rubber shield, fold it up and you have full access to the filter. Push pins are the type with a philips head were you can screw the center out to remove. Has a nice drain tray to route the filter oil just behind the sway bar.  Looks like it will be cleaner and easier to do than my Ecoboost F-150 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chris532 said:

Took a look at a Ranger today. You can do it without removing the tire. Turn the wheel all the way to the right, remove two push pins on the rubber shield, fold it up and you have full access to the filter. Push pins are the type with a philips head were you can screw the center out to remove. Has a nice drain tray to route the filter oil just behind the sway bar.  Looks like it will be cleaner and easier to do than my Ecoboost F-150 

My 18 F150 3.5LEB filter is easily reached from the front of the engine behind the bumper (from the bottom) and there is also a nice drain tray that directs the oil straight down into the drain pan.  That along with the plastic plug on the oil pan made it so easy.  I was pleasantly surprised.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, akirby said:

Are you guys thinking of one piece push pins?   I assume these are the two piece kind where you have a center rivet that pops out and back in.  Those can be reused over and over with few problems.

You can buy a bag of 50 for less than $10 on eBay, once you figure out the correct size.  I keep a couple of sizes on hand.