Jump to content

New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

  • Custom Search


rmc523

2020 Escape Spied with little camo

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

It still looks like a long reach for someone who likes to recline their seatback.

How could you get it any closer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, akirby said:

How could you get it any closer?

See the new Explorer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

That’s the best feature in my fusion, but apparently they have removed that ability from newer fords.

I had it on my 2013 Fusion but it disappeared from the right hand sync screen around the 2015 model year and I have no idea why.  That was the only use I could find for the right hand screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how the curvy round shapes are going to go over  with some others (ie RAV4) seeming to go towards more blocky shapes as of late. 

 

018_764A1575-640x360.jpg

 

rav4-2019-3595b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

That dash is pretty bland, but it looks like it fixes the space issues that the current model has. The tacked on iPad panel looks better then the explorer 

The all digital speedometer/tachometer is neat though. 

The speedometer/tach isn't digital.  Just the screen between them.

1 hour ago, Trailhiker said:

I just use the steering wheel input for HVAC temp and fan speed in my Fusion.

They don't have that functionality anymore :(

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I had it on my 2013 Fusion but it disappeared from the right hand sync screen around the 2015 model year and I have no idea why.  That was the only use I could find for the right hand screen.

Yeah, I don't know why they removed that functionality from the right screen.

30 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I wonder how the curvy round shapes are going to go over  with some others (ie RAV4) seeming to go towards more blocky shapes as of late. 

That's where Maverick will come in - Escape will appeal to those that like curvy, Maverick to those that like blocky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I wonder how the curvy round shapes are going to go over  with some others (ie RAV4) seeming to go towards more blocky shapes as of late. 

 

018_764A1575-640x360.jpg

 

rav4-2019-3595b.jpg

Oh, please. Don´t put those pics here. That Toyota is horrible! Is hurting my eyes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I wonder how the curvy round shapes are going to go over  with some others (ie RAV4) seeming to go towards more blocky shapes as of late. 

 

 

 

 

Toyota, Lexus and Honda have gone; body-crease-a-paloozza, while others like Audi and Infiniti are curvy - It is a personal thing, but Rav4 and CRV are killing it in sales. I think the younger market like the block, creased look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The AC controls in the current escape are my biggest complaint. The fan up and down buttons are too far apart. Not sure why they didn’t put them right next to each other. I was hoping to see if they fixed that but it’s blocked in the pic. 

The right knob is temperature and the left knob is for fan speed. You can orange lights on the left knob indicating the speed setting.  Different trims may change though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Oh, please. Don´t put those pics here. That Toyota is horrible! Is hurting my eyes!

I'll be the first to admit, its one of the first foreign compact CUVs that doesn't look horrible to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Toyota, Lexus and Honda have gone; body-crease-a-paloozza, while others like Audi and Infiniti are curvy - It is a personal thing, but Rav4 and CRV are killing it in sales. I think the younger market like the block, creased look. 

Audi's have become more boxy/chiseled with hard straight lines.  I personally prefer the previous more curvy/flowing design language they had, but is what it is.

33 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Oh, please. Don´t put those pics here. That Toyota is horrible! Is hurting my eyes!

They do look better in person, and there are some elements about this Rav-4 I do like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I'll be the first to admit, its one of the first foreign compact CUVs that doesn't look horrible to me.

That white one with the black wheels looks pretty sharp to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

I just use the steering wheel input for HVAC temp and fan speed in my Fusion.

I don't have that option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

That’s the best feature in my fusion, but apparently they have removed that ability from newer fords.

Wait, you're telling me Ford took away features later in a life cycle? 

 

Nah, that can't be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

Yeah, I don't know why they removed that functionality from the right screen.

 

The right screen is absolutely useless on my Fusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the big question is when? Will this be a late 2020 model, like the 2011 Explorer? Or, will Ford make a short run of old Escapes with the 2019 changes, as '20 MY, then winter next year bring out all new design for early '21 MY?

If coming this summer/fall, wouldn't there be build out info by now?

Edited by 630land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 630land said:

Now the big question is when? Will this be a late 2020 model, like the 2011 Explorer? Or, will Ford make a short run of old Escapes with the 2019 changes, as '20 MY, then winter next year bring out all new design for early '21 MY?

If coming this summer/fall, wouldn't there be build out info by now?

There is build info out. They start production in August. Last day for 2019 Escape is in May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 630land said:

Now the big question is when? Will this be a late 2020 model, like the 2011 Explorer? Or, will Ford make a short run of old Escapes with the 2019 changes, as '20 MY, then winter next year bring out all new design for early '21 MY?

If coming this summer/fall, wouldn't there be build out info by now?

It'll likely be revealed here soon, as a 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The right screen is absolutely useless on my Fusion. 

What trim is your fusion? You seem to complain a lot about it. My 17 Titanium can do everything climate related by button, except for manually choosing where the air is coming out. You can do defrost vents but not feet or mid vents via the buttons in the stack.  Also, right screen is less valuable but I find it's great for music and phone calls. I usually have my setup (from left ,right, center stack screen) tach/fuel/temp, music, and Waze.  It works pretty well for me but may not for others.  One thing I haven't done though is learn the voice commands. I wonder how many people actually learn the correct phrases to use sync voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

The right knob is temperature and the left knob is for fan speed. You can orange lights on the left knob indicating the speed setting.  Different trims may change though. 

You're talking about manual hvac while T-dubz was talking about the automatic hvac controls (I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

What trim is your fusion? You seem to complain a lot about it. My 17 Titanium can do everything climate related by button, except for manually choosing where the air is coming out. You can do defrost vents but not feet or mid vents via the buttons in the stack.  Also, right screen is less valuable but I find it's great for music and phone calls. I usually have my setup (from left ,right, center stack screen) tach/fuel/temp, music, and Waze.  It works pretty well for me but may not for others.  One thing I haven't done though is learn the voice commands. I wonder how many people actually learn the correct phrases to use sync voice.

It's an SE, and not a base SE either. It just doesn't have the luxury package. It's all I could afford at the time.  It's also a 2018 so it probably fell victim to Ford's usual pre-refresh decontenting. 

Its a great car, there's just certain things I hate about it, like the fact that the HVAC is so heavily tied into the touchscreen that occasionally doesn't work. Or the rotary shifter. Or the newest one lately is USB not working at all. 

I would have much rather gotten an Edge but my wife HATES tall vehicles so I wasn't going to win that discussion. She sat in one at NAIAS last year, she barely got into her seat before shaking her head no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's an SE, and not a base SE either. It just doesn't have the luxury package. It's all I could afford at the time.  It's also a 2018 so it probably fell victim to Ford's usual pre-refresh decontenting. 

Its a great car, there's just certain things I hate about it, like the fact that the HVAC is so heavily tied into the touchscreen that occasionally doesn't work. Or the rotary shifter. Or the newest one lately is USB not working at all. 

I would have much rather gotten an Edge but my wife HATES tall vehicles so I wasn't going to win that discussion. She sat in one at NAIAS last year, she barely got into her seat before shaking her head no. 

Mine is a 13' SE.

I can also change to "entertainment' and switch between CD, USB, Sirus, FM and AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

Mine is a 13' SE.

I can also change to "entertainment' and switch between CD, USB, Sirus, FM and AM.

The right screen on mine literally only shows either what station the radio is on or the title of whatever song/podcast I'm playing through usb.  There might as well not even be buttons on that side of the steering wheel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The right screen on mine literally only shows either what station the radio is on or the title of whatever song/podcast I'm playing through usb.  There might as well not even be buttons on that side of the steering wheel. 

My parents 2018 platinum explorer is the same way. I kept trying to show them how to control the ac since my 2013 Fusion has it but then realized they don’t include it anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have looked for build info, thanks.

 

Edited by 630land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The right screen is absolutely useless on my Fusion. 

The right screen on my mom's Flex is great for showing the same infotainment info that's on the 8" screen about ten inches to the right. I still don't understand why they concentrated all of the useful info in mutually exclusive displays on the left screen and wasted the entire right half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×