2020 Escape Spied with little camo

37 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

They'd be more likely to use the version of the 8 speed in the Nautilus that's paired with the 2.0. While the Nautilus has 8 speeds paired to both the 2.0 base and 2.7 upgrade engines, they are actually different transmissions with different origin stories.

I know but isn’t the 2.0 Nautilus 8 speed the same as the Edge 2.0 8 speed?  I was saying if they needed more torque capacity than what is currently used with the 2.0 they could always step up to the 2.7 version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, rmc523 said:

Agreed - definitely looks more sleek/better proportioned than the current one which is more upright looking.  I like the new D-pillar treatment.

Well, that's where Maverick comes in - Escape will stick with the sleek "car-like" design, whereas Maverick will take over the old Escape's boxy trucky look.

It annoys me when automakers do this... they fundamentally alter a cars design, then build a whole new model that looks like the old one.... why??  Just make the new model the new "white space"

Maverick becomes the old escape

Patriot becomes the old cherokee

Shit is weird.

• Angry 1

I can understand why it's easy to just "change" an exterior to fit a market.  I don't see an issue where the same vehicle is the same underneath, but its styled aggressively for one client, and softly for another client. Mecury isnt around, so if you can gear it towards one group, and butch it up for another crowd, why not.

• Like 1

Honestly it would be cool if platforms were modular enough that you just could swap entire top hats.  Imagine maintaining your car, the powertrain and drivetrain... then in 5 years when you get bored of one body style, boom you swap it for another . Maybe you get a nice credit if your body is in good shape so the shop can trade/sell it to the next guy, and you pay  mostly just labor for the body swap.

Kind of like fullsize Xmods

xmods.JPG.d92eb8c4939412cca561a6ba3dc0694c.JPG

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, probowler said:

Honestly it would be cool if platforms were modular enough that you just could swap entire top hats.  Imagine maintaining your car, the powertrain and drivetrain... then in 5 years when you get bored of one body style, boom you swap it for another . Maybe you get a nice credit if your body is in good shape so the shop can trade/sell it to the next guy, and you pay  mostly just labor for the body swap.

Kind of like fullsize Xmods

xmods.JPG.d92eb8c4939412cca561a6ba3dc0694c.JPG

The "skateboard" idea.  I think GM toyed around with that a while back.

Image result for gm skateboard

18 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That dash is pretty bland, but it looks like it fixes the space issues that the current model has. The tacked on iPad panel looks better then the explorer 

The all digital speedometer/tachometer is neat though. 

The dash has a similar theme to the Explorer and is a welcome change from the current model. Let’s hope the engines are a big improvement over the current offerings.

The AC controls in the current escape are my biggest complaint. The fan up and down buttons are too far apart. Not sure why they didn’t put them right next to each other. I was hoping to see if they fixed that but it’s blocked in the pic. 

The area above the vents where the radio controls are also looks kind of bare, like there should be more buttons there or that the black plastic needs to be a bit smaller. There’s also some weird texture on the door panel below the guys arm in the pic.

besides that, I like it.

38 minutes ago, akirby said:

I like it.  Very clean.   Was driving daughter's Escape yesterday and remembered how much I hate the current dash with the recessed screen (hard to reach the bottom corners) and the hvac vents that point straight up.

It still looks like a long reach for someone who likes to recline their seatback.