2020 Escape Spied with little camo

This gives me a lot of hope for sales in the rest of the world, if the land of gawdy and yuck thinks this is plain and vanilla, it's probably right for Europe, China and rest of the world..Yes, the styling is not entirely perfect for America but will probably reach a lot more buyers than a more area specific style.

Edited by jpd80

America deserves two styles - Mild/soft (Escape) and Chunky (Maverick) for those with different tastes, everyone gets what they want..

And that styling was forced upon us to conform to US Taurus shit...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZanatWork said:

I'll wait for real judgement until I see the real thing in a real color.  As much as I love any prototype pics I can see, they rarely define my overall impressions of the production examples.

However, regarding the earlier post about wagons-minivans-SUVs-CUVs-wagons...eh, most SUVs and CUVs rarely see unpaved roads.  The basic truth is that the wagon remains too logical to not utilize, regardless how it's repackaged.

Some of us really liked the Focus ST wagon, and were hoping for a successor in the Focus Active line, but whatever....

The point is that the crossovers and false SUVs give a high driving that pleases the new generation of conductors. A lot of people are bothered by the fact that they have to lean their heads down to get into a car. As these tall cars don't specifically have a name for them, they nicknamed crossovers

2 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Ford has a two-vehicle strategy for this class, Escape is their global utility which fits the preferences of a larger audience, but then there is the Maverick which will have that classic SUV style....although it would be nice to find a sweet spot.  

Do you think since maverick has already been leaked that we will get to see it this auto show season?

i currently have a 2017 escape and the size is almost perfect, unless you are the person who has to sit behind me. Is the maverick supposed to have the extra leg room that the new escape was supposed to get?

Says the man from a country who created this.

1200px-1996_Ford_Falcon_(XH)_Longreach_G

Ford Australia made the best Ford sedan of all time: the Falcon. Sedan with rear-wheel drive, which crossed 40 years and is much more memorable than any other. The Ford Australia also made the best Ford engine: Barra, which could uncouple the 2JZ and RB easy on the head of enthusiasts if they had not restricted it to Australia.

• Like 2

Escape is longer and roomier, I'm not sure about Maverick but it uses the same platform.  The Maverick (CX430) comes a year after 2020 Escape so although it looks like it's ready to show, we probably won't see it for another year.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Maverick stays  current Escape size  but chunkier to accentuate the difference, remembering that Corsair is also looming..

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

I think it looks a little more sleek and better proportioned.

And no mention of the Explorer directly behind it...

Agreed - definitely looks more sleek/better proportioned than the current one which is more upright looking.  I like the new D-pillar treatment.

35 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Yep, I agree. And why give it a car grille in the first place? Look at Toyota and the rav4. It basically has the Tacoma grille on it now. I’m not saying throw the f150 or ranger grille on it, but at least come up with something original.

Well, that's where Maverick comes in - Escape will stick with the sleek "car-like" design, whereas Maverick will take over the old Escape's boxy trucky look.

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

America deserves two styles - Mild/soft (Escape) and Chunky (Maverick) for those with different tastes, everyone gets what they want..

And that styling was forced upon us to conform to US Taurus shit...

and was decades ago.....and still looked better than some of the US fords from the same era...VIVA LA FALCON!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Agreed - definitely looks more sleek/better proportioned than the current one which is more upright looking.  I like the new D-pillar treatment.

Well, that's where Maverick comes in - Escape will stick with the sleek "car-like" design, whereas Maverick will take over the old Escape's boxy trucky look.

will be interesting the take rates on each from a standpoint of Male/ Female choices...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deanh said:

and was decades ago.....and still looked better than some of the US fords from the same era...VIVA LA FALCON! 

Every day I wonder why Ford has never put the Falcon in the USA or at least the Ford Barra 4.0 Turbo i6. If Ford had at least put the Turbo 4.0 barra in the Mustang, it would have blown up the head of the Supra boys.

Edited by RadicalX

6 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

Every day I wonder why Ford has never put the Falcon in the USA or at least the Ford Barra 4.0 Turbo i6. If Ford had at least put the Turbo 4.0 barra in the Mustang, it would have blown up the head of the Supra boys.

Aussie styling and American tastes don't really jive....the Commodore released here ( US ) Chevrolet SS is a classic case...friggen awesome car but styling came off as generic and bland. Engines....blame our stringent emission laws would be my guess.

• Like 1

Keep in mind the Aussies stopped buying them too. 

I was reading about the Taurus being a unique sedan in the 80s, especially the SHO. I don't understand what went wrong. I read that they came to kill the model (but then they resurrected the Taurus with up to AWD version)

Australia had the Falcon, North America had the Panther.  Both venerable and mediocre RWD architectures with infrequently updated bodystyles, although the Panther was much larger and more robust.  Nobody was missing anything if they wanted to be overcharged for an ancient large RWD sedan.  Falcon had long been an inferior and ancient design to the Commodore anyway, it's only celebrated by Ford fans.  The nostalgia taints the reality that the Ford lost the plot well before Holden did.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Aussie styling and American tastes don't really jive....the Commodore released here ( US ) Chevrolet SS is a classic case...friggen awesome car but styling came off as generic and bland. Engines....blame our stringent emission laws would be my guess.

Also it was super expensive compared to the similarly sized Impala sitting on the same lot

• Like 2