Jump to content
  • Custom Search


jpd80

2.3 EB Ranger Versus 3.5 EB F150

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, timmm55 said:

They use the same basic design. "To get the extra power out of the 2016 Ford Focus RS, the 2.3L EcoBoost engine from the Mustang has been fitted with a different turbocharger, an upgraded intake system, a larger exhaust system and a larger radiator, which helps keep this high performance mill cool over long periods of track time. This power is put to the ground via a 6-speed manual transmission and a new advanced all-wheel drive system that should be one of the best-performing systems of its type in the segment."

https://www.torquenews.com/106/how-mustang-ecoboost-makes-345hp-focus-rs

 Focus RS had a different block casting,  head, head gasket , steel crank, Forged rods and pistons - that's what I'm talking about..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I wouldn't rush to use SSR as an example of failed Retro, more F150 styling in T6 Ranger would probably be a good thing on global markets.

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 8:03 AM, twintornados said:

Interesting video, but should be "base engine" vs "base engine"....

You're looking at it the wrong way. They were really racing top engine vs top engine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duplicate post and couldn't determine how to delete this one.

Edited by jniffen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jniffen said:

Not thinking of a cruiser style but like the Doge Dakota of the late 90s.

Maybe not that drastic but subtle hints of the'53-56 F100.

 

 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:49 PM, J-150 said:

See Chevy SSR... 

Not thinking of a cruiser style but like the Doge Dakota of the late 90s.

Maybe not that drastic but subtle hints of the'53-56 F100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 6:16 PM, probowler said:

Just the other day I saw a 90s OBS single cab with an early 80s flareside bed, with the ford stamp in the tailgate... it was nice!!

OK, I'll bite. WTF is a 90s OBS single cab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

OK, I'll bite. WTF is a 90s OBS single cab?

Old body style

late 80s

1988_ford_f-150-pic-3382277718476984188-

 

92 and up

1995-ford-f150%20super%20cab-front_ft15e

 

You can guess on the early 80s OBS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, CurtisH said:

No, this won’t work on the new Ranger.  Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang.   They are supposed to be working on a tune for the 18/19 Mustangs but it’s not out yet.  If Ford does a kit for the Ranger, I suspect it will be at least a year before it’s available. 

The 18 Mustang has a new automatic. It's a Ford product made for the 15-17 Mustang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timmm55 said:

The 18 Mustang has a new automatic. It's a Ford product made for the 15-17 Mustang.

That was his point - if that doesn’t work on the 2018 mustang then it probably won’t work on the Ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, akirby said:

That was his point - if that doesn’t work on the 2018 mustang then it probably won’t work on the Ranger.

" Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang." It doesn't work with the new 10 speed auto. "Not working"  "not recommended" is not the same. Saying it's not recommended gave me pause,as  I'm probably going to get the kit. It's a fitment issue, nothing more.

Edited by timmm55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, timmm55 said:

" Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang." It doesn't work with the new 10 speed auto. "Not working"  "not recommended" is not the same. Saying it's not recommended gave me pause,as  I'm probably going to get the kit. It's a fitment issue, nothing more.

Ford’s website says the package includes “Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule”.  The tune works with the 6R80.  Ford doesn’t offer a tune yet for the 2.3 EB with the 10 Spd Auto in any vehicle.

All of the aftermarket tuners said their 2015-2017 tunes would not work with the 2018 Mustang.  They obviously won’t work with the Ranger either.  You can be sure Ford’s won’t work with the Ranger either.  If I remember correctly, the Ranger has different camshafts, timing, etc.

I haven’t seen Ford mention anything about custom tunes for the Ranger yet.   A few (maybe more) aftermarket companies are working on tunes for the Ranger. 

Edited by CurtisH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, January 05, 2019 at 6:16 PM, probowler said:

 

Just the other day I saw a 90s OBS single cab with an early 80s flareside bed, with the ford stamp in the tailgate... it was nice!!

 

That was an actual model called "Flareside" 

ford-f-150-lariat-flareside-pickup-1992-purple-lariat-flareside.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, probowler said:

92 and up

1995-ford-f150%20super%20cab-front_ft15e

 

 

Still the best looking pickup in (modern) history (IMHO)

Edited by Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, J-150 said:

 

That was an actual model called "Flareside" 

ford-f-150-lariat-flareside-pickup-1992-purple-lariat-flareside.jpg

Man I loved that color from the early 1990s-would be kinda neat to see something like that today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, J-150 said:

 

That was an actual model called "Flareside" 

ford-f-150-lariat-flareside-pickup-1992-purple-lariat-flareside.jpg

They were built up until around 2009 or so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Man I loved that color from the early 1990s-would be kinda neat to see something like that today.

If I'm not mistaken, that and a teal shade were unique to that model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Man I loved that color from the early 1990s-would be kinda neat to see something like that today.

That was close to my 95 Ranger.  Can't remember the color name (something red).  Wife called it Fuchsia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, akirby said:

That was close to my 95 Ranger.  Can't remember the color name (something red).  Wife called it Fuchsia.

Mine called it "no"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was electric red but the flareside looks more like Iris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, CurtisH said:

No, this won’t work on the new Ranger.  Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang.   They are supposed to be working on a tune for the 18/19 Mustangs but it’s not out yet.  If Ford does a kit for the Ranger, I suspect it will be at least a year before it’s available. 

FP was supposed to be coming out with a tune for the current gen Raptor, but I have yet to see that. I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting on tunes from Ford unfortunately. It’s a shame, as it seems like it missed opportunity on easy money for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×