2.3 EB Ranger Versus 3.5 EB F150

1 hour ago, timmm55 said:

They use the same basic design. "To get the extra power out of the 2016 Ford Focus RS, the 2.3L EcoBoost engine from the Mustang has been fitted with a different turbocharger, an upgraded intake system, a larger exhaust system and a larger radiator, which helps keep this high performance mill cool over long periods of track time. This power is put to the ground via a 6-speed manual transmission and a new advanced all-wheel drive system that should be one of the best-performing systems of its type in the segment."

https://www.torquenews.com/106/how-mustang-ecoboost-makes-345hp-focus-rs

Focus RS had a different block casting,  head, head gasket , steel crank, Forged rods and pistons - that's what I'm talking about..

2 minutes ago, jniffen said:

Not thinking of a cruiser style but like the Doge Dakota of the late 90s.

Maybe not that drastic but subtle hints of the'53-56 F100.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:49 PM, J-150 said:

See Chevy SSR... 

Not thinking of a cruiser style but like the Doge Dakota of the late 90s.

Maybe not that drastic but subtle hints of the'53-56 F100.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, CurtisH said:

No, this won’t work on the new Ranger.  Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang.   They are supposed to be working on a tune for the 18/19 Mustangs but it’s not out yet.  If Ford does a kit for the Ranger, I suspect it will be at least a year before it’s available. 

The 18 Mustang has a new automatic. It's a Ford product made for the 15-17 Mustang.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, akirby said:

That was his point - if that doesn’t work on the 2018 mustang then it probably won’t work on the Ranger.

" Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang." It doesn't work with the new 10 speed auto. "Not working"  "not recommended" is not the same. Saying it's not recommended gave me pause,as  I'm probably going to get the kit. It's a fitment issue, nothing more.

Edited by timmm55

17 hours ago, timmm55 said:

" Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang." It doesn't work with the new 10 speed auto. "Not working"  "not recommended" is not the same. Saying it's not recommended gave me pause,as  I'm probably going to get the kit. It's a fitment issue, nothing more.

Ford’s website says the package includes “Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule”.  The tune works with the 6R80.  Ford doesn’t offer a tune yet for the 2.3 EB with the 10 Spd Auto in any vehicle.

All of the aftermarket tuners said their 2015-2017 tunes would not work with the 2018 Mustang.  They obviously won’t work with the Ranger either.  You can be sure Ford’s won’t work with the Ranger either.  If I remember correctly, the Ranger has different camshafts, timing, etc.

I haven’t seen Ford mention anything about custom tunes for the Ranger yet.   A few (maybe more) aftermarket companies are working on tunes for the Ranger. 

Edited by CurtisH

On 1/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, CurtisH said:

No, this won’t work on the new Ranger.  Ford doesn’t even recommend this for the 2018 Mustang.   They are supposed to be working on a tune for the 18/19 Mustangs but it’s not out yet.  If Ford does a kit for the Ranger, I suspect it will be at least a year before it’s available. 

FP was supposed to be coming out with a tune for the current gen Raptor, but I have yet to see that. I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting on tunes from Ford unfortunately. It’s a shame, as it seems like it missed opportunity on easy money for them.