Autoshow leaks soon?

It's that time of year when start to get the leaks before the NAIAS. I do wonder what the final specs for the Explorer and GT500 will be. I also wonder if there will be any bomb shells from Ford this year. Will the Escape or Corsair be in Chicago?

This was passed along on a Mustang board. It seems that the GT500 will get this feature. I've also seen active aero patents as well. Time will tell but I hope they are taking the some of the things they learned from the GT and some of that is trickling down into the GT500.

Active Brake Cooling

I do want it now. Both products should have already been out by now. I know the GT500 will be fast and handle well but my real concern is the Explorer. What will the different trim interiors look like, options, powertrain specs. The outside we have mostly seen and that is ok, nothing too bad but nothing ground breaking either. I really hope they don't screw it up because that will have far more impact on Ford than a few tenths of a second with the GT500.

28 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I do want it now. Both products should have already been out by now. I know the GT500 will be fast and handle well but my real concern is the Explorer. What will the different trim interiors look like, options, powertrain specs. The outside we have mostly seen and that is ok, nothing too bad but nothing ground breaking either. I really hope they don't screw it up because that will have far more impact on Ford than a few tenths of a second with the GT500.

I get wanting to see it, but it's a week lol.

We're not talking about Bronco here...

16 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's that time of year when start to get the leaks before the NAIAS. I do wonder what the final specs for the Explorer and GT500 will be. I also wonder if there will be any bomb shells from Ford this year. Will the Escape or Corsair be in Chicago?

This was passed along on a Mustang board. It seems that the GT500 will get this feature. I've also seen active aero patents as well. Time will tell but I hope they are taking the some of the things they learned from the GT and some of that is trickling down into the GT500.

Active Brake Cooling

There is no such vehicle Corsair; stop trying to make that name happen; 

Edited by saintlaz1

6 hours ago, icecoffee76 said:

What model year is the Corsair expected in?

Mid year 2019 in China and 2020 in US. I predicted that we will see the Corsair at Shanghai Motor Show in April in the other thread. The big question is Escape... it won't be Detroit because Explorer is going there. New York seems a bit late. It's either CEG or Chicago.

Edited by bzcat