Left-over 2018 F-150

blksn8k2

26 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't know how much of a real world difference it makes but Ford's "factory" spray in liner looks to be just as good to me. 

It's quite a bit thinner than Line-X, and typically doesn't adhere as well since they don't scuff up/sand the bed like Line-X installers do.  I think the Ford version is slicker too.

With that said, for 95% of owners, Ford's version is probably sufficient.  I don't remember what mine has...whatever the dealer installs.  I'm not too hard on it, so it didn't matter too much to me.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

It's quite a bit thinner than Line-X, and typically doesn't adhere as well since they don't scuff up/sand the bed like Line-X installers do.  I think the Ford version is slicker too.

With that said, for 95% of owners, Ford's version is probably sufficient.  I don't remember what mine has...whatever the dealer installs.  I'm not too hard on it, so it didn't matter too much to me.

As long as I can shovel landscaping dirt off of it without too much worry I'm good. I have a giant dip in my back yard I need to fill once I finally do get a truck, as well as a few other things like getting rid of about a ton of river rock I pulled out of what is now a lily garden. 

Line-X is a bit thicker and it comes with a warranty.   The guy that did mine said as long as it wasn’t in an accident he would respray any spots that went down to bare metal.

I’ve also heard the factory doesn’t spray the corners very well.

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ugh, I would rip out the drop in liner and go with a spray in. I know corrosion isn't as much of a concern with the aluminum bed but it's still a personal preference to me. 

I obviously didn't have a lot of choice in this case but I'll wait to see how badly I hate stuff sliding around back there before I do anything different. I have had both types (drop-in and spray-in) in the past and definitely agree that Line-X is the best. Had that in my '02 Ranger FX4. An easy and cheap fix for the sliding around crap is a rubber mat on top of the drop-in liner. That's what I did on the Sport Trac since it came with a composite bed and the inside was basically a plastic liner. One advantage to the drop-in liner is that I will be less likely to put a hole in the aluminum floor when I drop my plastic tool box from ten feet above. ?

On 1/2/2019 at 1:51 PM, akirby said:

Thats pretty good.   Mine was right about $10K below MSRP.  Assume it has the 302A package?

I just went back and ran the exact numbers. The dealer discount was $4684 + $7750 in rebates = $12434 + $1120 in Citibank Driver's Edge rebates (originally Ford Citibank Card) = $13,554 in total discounts. Oh, and there was also a $200 discount on the bedliner which was not included on the window sticker plus the free lifetime/unlimited mileage power train warranty. Sometimes even the blind squirrel finds the nut...

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

I just went back and ran the exact numbers. The dealer discount was $4684 + $7750 in rebates = $12434 + $1120 in Citibank Driver's Edge rebates (originally Ford Citibank Card) = $13,554 in total discounts. Oh, and there was also a $200 discount on the bedliner which was not included on the window sticker plus the free lifetime/unlimited mileage power train warranty. Sometimes even the blind squirrel finds the nut...

That was a fantastic discount! What did the truck retail for?

On 1/4/2019 at 12:23 PM, blksn8k2 said:

Read the fine print.. that lifetime warranty will require you to have all services performed at the dealer.. miss one and you are out the warranty.

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

Read the fine print.. that lifetime warranty will require you to have all services performed at the dealer.. miss one and you are out the warranty.

Not entirely true. They said all I need are receipts showing that oil changes and other scheduled maintenance are done on schedule. It didn't cost me an extra penny so even if I did manage to lose it it's not like I spent a bunch of money just to get it. 

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

Not entirely true. They said all I need are receipts showing that oil changes and other scheduled maintenance are done on schedule. It didn't cost me an extra penny so even if I did manage to lose it it's not like I spent a bunch of money just to get it. 

Read the fine print to be sure, don’t rely on what they said.

• 2 weeks later...