Left-over 2018 F-150

blksn8k2

Heading to the dealer in a few minutes to sign the paperwork on a 2018 Ingot Silver F-150 XLT 4x4 Crewcab with the Special Edition, Sport and FX4 packages. Also has the 5.0L, 36 gal tank and the dual panel moonroof plus a bunch of other stuff. Over 12k under MSRP. I have to close the deal today since this is the last day for a lot Ford incentives including a personal $1500 Bonus Cash offer. This particular dealer also includes a lifetime/unlimited mileage power train warranty at no charge. Hate to say goodbye to the '07 Sport Trac but it's fast approaching 12 years and 164k miles since I bought her new. Been a great truck but it's time to go and this deal is too good to pass up...

Thats pretty good.   Mine was right about $10K below MSRP.  Assume it has the 302A package?

2 things that bugged me about the XLT 302A - it has power seats but no memory function and there is no garage door opener.   The latter was easily fixed by purchasing a Lariat visor and pigtail wiring kit, running the wires over to the overhead console and tapping into the power wire.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Thats pretty good.   Mine was right about $10K below MSRP.  Assume it has the 302A package?

2 things that bugged me about the XLT 302A - it has power seats but no memory function and there is no garage door opener.   The latter was easily fixed by purchasing a Lariat visor and pigtail wiring kit, running the wires over to the overhead console and tapping into the power wire.

Shhh, don't anyone tell akirby about these newfangled jammies...

Image result for garage door opener remote

7 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes, it has the 302A package as well as the 3.73:1 E-locker, BLIS W/trailer tow monitoring, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, integrated brake controller, trailer tow pkg, tailgate step, voice activated navigation, 7000# GVWR pkg, LED side mirror spotlights and XLT Power Equipment Group in addition to the previously mentioned FX4 Off-Road pkg, XLT Special Edition pkg and XLT Sport Appearance pkg.

Crazy thing is this is out the door for less than the MSRP on a fully loaded Ranger Lariat FX4 4x4 crewcab and I won't have to worry about body rot here the NE all while being able to tow anything I've got.

These are pics from the stocking dealer's website. My dealer had to go to that dealer today to bring the truck here. It was not due to be here until this evening so I have not actually seen it in person yet. Scheduled to take delivery at 1 pm tomorrow but I had to get the paperwork done today.

301abba490fe95b8fd01ca4e7bab4d8ax.jpg?im

8074371f6ea893771d346d256151aa42x.jpg?im

457af1ec3e4a21d05b54c1c5ae1691ecx.jpg?im

a681baa071241d86d5b160428fea72f3x.jpg?im

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Awesome truck! Congrats!  Just a tiny step up from the Sport Trac!

LOL. About a foot and a half (longer) to be exact. Had to move a chest freezer along the back wall of the garage but other than that, no worries. 

Will probably be doing a towing test soon. The '68 Cougar is still in the 18 ft enclosed trailer and I now live on top of a ridge in west central PA...

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

LOL. About a foot and a half (longer) to be exact. Had to move a chest freezer along the back wall of the garage but other than that, no worries. 

Will probably be doing a towing test soon. The '68 Cougar is still in the 18 ft enclosed trailer and I now live on top of a ridge in west central PA...

I'm thinking towing will likely be a tiny step up as well.  :)

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

That's one of the few colors where I think the SE stripes look good. 

Agreed. I also looked at a Race Red SE that had the stripe delete option but it sold on Saturday. That was a sharp looking truck. I also test drove another Race Red SE with the stripes about a week ago. It didn't have the moonroof and I didn't think it looked as good with the stripes as without.

My last Ranger was a silver 2002 FX4 and I have always liked that color.

I was also happier that the F-150 I settled on has the 3.73:1 axle ratio. Not many of the other 5.0L SE's that I could find did and none of those were within 800 miles.

Am I the only one who thinks Race Red has an orange tint in certain lighting and angles?   Wife thinks I'm crazy but I've heard others say the same thing.   One day I see it and think that looks good and the next day I think no that looks too orange.

I decided to go Magnetic and couldn't be happier so I dodged the issue!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Am I the only one who thinks Race Red has an orange tint in certain lighting and angles?   Wife thinks I'm crazy but I've heard others say the same thing.   One day I see it and think that looks good and the next day I think no that looks too orange.

Magnetic is cool too. About the same as the Carbon on my Sport Trac. I would have been happy with that too but change is also good sometimes.

Here's a pic of the Race Red SE with stripe delete:

Race Red F-150 Exterior.jpg

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

You're not the only one.  My eyes see orange too.

But, you know, that's to be expected.

• Haha 1

She's home. That Coyote is pretty impressive and the ten-speed is interesting in Sport mode. I don't think I will have any problems with towing. Time to start shopping for some accessories like a tonneau cover, rear wheel well liners, etc. It already has a Ford drop-in bedliner.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

You're not wrong. It was always obvious to me under the lights on the line before Hot Pepper Red replaced Race Red on the Focus/C-Max

Still despise the color though. Hate the Vermillion Red my Focus has but I think I prefer it to Race Red. 

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

She's home. That Coyote is pretty impressive and the ten-speed is interesting in Sport mode. I don't think I will have any problems with towing. Time to start shopping for some accessories like a tonneau cover, rear wheel well liners, etc. It already has a Ford drop-in bedliner.

Ugh, I would rip out the drop in liner and go with a spray in. I know corrosion isn't as much of a concern with the aluminum bed but it's still a personal preference to me.