Well Ford, you got your way.

It is now 2019 and not one ounce of real solid information on the new truck engine beyond number of cylinders and approximate displacement. 

Also only the minor of minorest dribbles about the very long in coming GT500. 

In two two weeks I guess we’ll get a glimpse of something at Detroit and you better believe folks will be watching, but to tell you the truth Ford if you’re only gonna build trucks and Mustangs for a while couldn’t you do a better job with building these key products up?

For Heaven’s sake guys throw us a little grizzle with the bone once in a while. 

You've got your people so backed up that you’re almost gonna have to introduce nuclear powered trucks and Mustangs after this long of a drought!

16 hours ago, Stray Kat said:

In two two weeks I guess we’ll get a glimpse of something at Detroit and you better believe folks will be watching, but to tell you the truth Ford if you’re only gonna build trucks and Mustangs for a while couldn’t you do a better job with building these key products up?

The Explorer will be "introduced", meaning it will be sitting on a turntable  and that is as close as you can get !  Bronco ?  Probably not.  The Bronco might get a turntable at the Chicago auto show.

There are a lot of folks INSIDE Ford that don't understand what is going on either !  The big "bombshell" is what are Ford's plans for South America and Europe !  Wall Street says they will be  phased out except for sales and service. The few people left at Ford Australia had better be circulating there resumes because I will bet what is left will be gone before the end of the year, again, except sales and service.

Edited by theoldwizard
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not expecting to hear anything definite about the 7X engine or the 2020 Super Duty until late spring of 2020.  The GM HD's are having a short 2019 model year, so expect to see them and GM's new 6.6L gas V-8 in a few months.

FCA was right about passenger cars and GM was right about Europe.  Jury is still out on Ford's train station........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

FYI, Toyota has been teasing the new Supra since Jan1 on YouTube commercials. It’s not specific just showing a car flashing around a road course. Admittedly just a hype builder but I wish Ford would hype the GT500 a little to get people thinking about it. 

Yeah, because NO ONE is thinking about the new GT500 here.....

1 hour ago, Stray Kat said:

FYI, Toyota has been teasing the new Supra since Jan1 on YouTube commercials. It’s not specific just showing a car flashing around a road course. Admittedly just a hype builder but I wish Ford would hype the GT500 a little to get people thinking about it. 

We've already seen pictures of both.

26 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

Maybe you don’t always advertise to the faithful. Maybe you take a shot across the bow of your competition. 

IMO the GT500 is slightly overhyped-they've been talking about it for almost 2 years now. I don't mind the almost radio silence we've had the past month or two-outside of a super charger cover photo.

52 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

IMO the GT500 is slightly overhyped-they've been talking about it for almost 2 years now. I don't mind the almost radio silence we've had the past month or two-outside of a super charger cover photo.

Well, Toyota has been talking about a new Supra since W was President. lol

On 1/3/2019 at 12:15 AM, theoldwizard said:

The Explorer will be "introduced", meaning it will be sitting on a turntable  and that is as close as you can get !  Bronco ?  Probably not.  The Bronco might get a turntable at the Chicago auto show.

There are a lot of folks INSIDE Ford that don't understand what is going on either !  The big "bombshell" is what are Ford's plans for South America and Europe !  Wall Street says they will be  phased out except for sales and service. The few people left at Ford Australia had better be circulating there resumes because I will bet what is left will be gone before the end of the year, again, except sales and service.

Most of engineering went across to Ford Asia Pacific years ago on next gen T6 projects, lots  of work for the next few years. If anything FAP will be picking up even more engineering work especially now that VW is entering the picture.

Aus is one of those healthy profitable niches, Ranger is our F150 and makes up over 60% of annual sales, all good.

Edited by jpd80

19 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Most of engineering went across to Ford Asia Pacific years ago on next gen T6 projects, lots  of work for the next few years. If anything FAP will be picking up even more engineering work especially now that VW is entering the picture.

While I was working in engineering, FoA leaned heavily on assistance from both FoE and FUS engineering.  Much of it was unofficial assistance, never recorded.  This, of course, made FoA look awesome for doing "so much, with so little", but did nothing for the people with the help hands.

Now that the current generation of Ranger in is production and the Bronco is almost ready for Job #1, I can not understand why FoA engineering in Geelong would continue to exist.