New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

twintornados

I would love to see Lincoln bring back the designer series

1 hour ago, akirby said:

The best way to do this (and Ford hinted at this in the past) is to allow the dealer to do things like wheels and interior trim pieces.  This keeps the factory build process streamlined while giving the customers many more choices (including mix and match).   Could probably even do it for seat covers and carpet.

This strategy makes the most sense from a manufacturing standpoint. 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:03 PM, The Handler said:

You could slap the Michael Kors name and logo on a broom, and it would sell like hotcakes.

It would work as long as agreements are made with relevant fashion houses. Givenchy is still very relevant, unlike Pucci and Bill Blass.

Any name or brand that has an outlet mall presence shouldn't taint what Lincoln is trying to achieve. Leave that to the likes of Chrysler's John Varvatos-edition 300.

I still like the idea of a Cartier Continental (or, better yet, a sharp two-door coupe).  I thought the mid-1970s Continental Mark IV cars in the Cartier designer series were really sharp.

What are Lincoln’s sales demographics? Most of the company names listed seem like they cater to women. If that’s what your target market is then go for it.