Truck owners are blocking Tesla Superchargers in 'ICE-ing' protests

What a bunch of fugging .... french cigarettes.

You know these clowns are probably flag waving MAGA bros, talking big talk about freedom... . but they're shitting on people and being rude because what, they bought electric cars?   Why?

No, you're not cool.... you're douchebags.

That F250 is pretty hot though... shame its owner is retarded.  I have no idea who or what these guys believe in, I just hate assholes.

Edited by probowler

3 hours ago, probowler said:

You know these clowns are probably flag waving MAGA bros, talking big talk about freedom... . but they're shitting on people and being rude because what, they bought electric cars?   Why?

That F250 is pretty hot though... shame its owner is retarded.  I have no idea who or what these guys believe in, I just hate assholes.

And the biggest point that these people miss is that cars like Tesla, and hybrids lower the price of gasoline and diesel, making ownership of their trucks more affordable!

3 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

And the biggest point that these people miss is that cars like Tesla, and hybrids lower the price of gasoline and diesel, making ownership of their trucks more affordable!

Also, Tesla is planning to come out with a BEV pickup truck in the next few years that will outperform any gasoline or diesel powered pickup.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this action triggers rule changes to hindering vehicle refuelling, police enforcing “move on” laws, maybe impound the trucks for a week but in the meantime, I think the bullying will continue until someone makes them stop.

10 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this action triggers rule changes to hindering vehicle refuelling, police enforcing “move on” laws, maybe impound the trucks for a week but in the meantime, I think the bullying will continue until someone makes them stop.

Parking at a supercharger in a non Tesla vehicle is not illegal. 

They are on private property. Enforcement is up to the property owner, just as it is with “employee of the month” parking. 

While im sure these are “rollin coal” type idiots, the spaces could be better marked. The charger itself isn’t may not make it obvious to people that the spaces are “reserved” for Teslas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Parking at a supercharger in a non Tesla vehicle is not illegal. 

They are on private property. Enforcement is up to the property owner, just as it is with “employee of the month” parking. 

While im sure these are “rollin coal” type idiots, the spaces could be better marked. The charger itself isn’t may not make it obvious to people that the spaces are “reserved” for Teslas. 

That's a good point, which brings up this issue:

Tesla Superchargers on private property / Livermore Ca

Submitted by frankie on Wed, 2018-12-26 11:07  https://forums.tesla.com/nl_NL/node/151673

It was my understanding that Tesla Superchargers are all placed in public areas and accessible 24/7. Last night on Christmas multiple tesla vehicles were blocked from using the Livermore Outlets shcargers by the security company. The security company was stating that the chargers are on private property and the property is closed for christmas. After a few words with the security and making it know i was not leaving with out getting enough charge to at least make it to another charger and getting a supervisor on the phone they finally allowed me to charge.

I am sure this was a major issue for multiple customers last night. I personally watched 2 tesla vehicles try to get to the chargers in the 30 min i was there.

• Like 1

I don't think they need more laws, they just need to enforce existing laws.

If a business owner/employee asks you to move so a tesla dude can charge his car, and the blocker refuses, call the cops and they can charge him with trespassing.

The lawbooks are too big as is, gotta start working with what we've got.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I don't think they need more laws, they just need to enforce existing laws.

If a business owner/employee asks you to move so a tesla dude can charge his car, and the blocker refuses, call the cops and they can charge him with trespassing.

The lawbooks are too big as is, gotta start working with what we've got.

It's more an issue of the laws being different across each state, maybe there's an opportunity to ammend existing trespass laws to cover situations like this. My comments regarding people hindering EV refuellng was from the OP article regarding Arizona law (see quote  below) and the "move on" was part of existing trespassing laws - regardless of charges, the tresspasser and vehicle will leave or be removed.

Laws about parking in reserved spots vary by state. In Arizona, for instance, it's illegal to park in "any parking space specially designated for parking and fueling motor vehicles fueled exclusively by electricity unless the motor vehicle is powered by electricity and has been issued an alternative fuel vehicle special plate."

On 12/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, probowler said:

Yeah, because everyone that voted for the the President is an idiot, right?  

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Enough with the political posts.

Can I just say, that I actually didn't say what was implied that I said? I actually support the old guy who lives in that house that is white .

2 hours ago, tbone said:

Yeah, because everyone that voted for the the President is an idiot, right?  

I will call out anyone whos acting like a fool, even my fellow pigment-challenged Americans of European descent.

I MAGA Hard  ?  (Sorry Kirb, I really am done!)

Edited by probowler
a word

10 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

just pull them out of the way.

https://jalopnik.com/aggrieved-tesla-owners-can-just-tow-trucks-blocking-the-1831430208

Reminds me of a few years ago, after one of my kids BB game, when some moron parked 3-deep behind me, blocking me in. After trying to have him paged during the game, I gave up and backed into him, pushing him out of the way, so I could get out.

Didn't answer the door for a couple of weeks afterwards, waiting on the Police to show up,,,,

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, mackinaw said:

The only thing blocking the charging stalls at our local Tesla Supercharging station is snow.

Back in late May, I spent several days at a hotel in Hernando, MS, and they had several spaces with Tesla charging stations. The spaces were always filled (they were close to the side door), but I never saw a Tesla in them.

Of course, Tesla owners aren't exactly perfect little angels, either. A retired friend is a "permanent RVer," and part of the way he and his wife pay for their fees at RV parks is to do work around the place for the owners. He said that they frequently had Tesla owners who expected (some all but demanding) free or reduced-rate charging from the electrical hook-ups for the RVs.