Bronco reportedly getting 7 Speed matched with 2.7L Ecoboost

I can't find the other 7 Speed thread (search sucks!), so this is getting a new thread.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/09/2020-ford-bronco-manual-transmission/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

This sounds a bit far fetched, but it does have a whiff of being possible-esp if the 2.7L shows up (for some reason) in the Mustang?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I can't find the other 7 Speed thread (search sucks!), so this is getting a new thread.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/09/2020-ford-bronco-manual-transmission/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

This sounds a bit far fetched, but it does have a whiff of being possible-esp if the 2.7L shows up (for some reason) in the Mustang?

Could there be some type off hill-decent lowlow gear?

50 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm seriously doubting this now. I'm hearing whispers that the Bronco project is falling victim to serious cost cutting and that certain drivetrains are on the chopping block because of it. 

Gotta hit that 8%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at all costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm seriously doubting this now. I'm hearing whispers that the Bronco project is falling victim to serious cost cutting and that certain drivetrains are on the chopping block because of it. 

Seriously though - does anyone think developing a manual Bronco (especially if it’s not going ROW) is a smart investment?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Seriously though - does anyone think developing a manual Bronco (especially if it’s not going ROW) is a smart investment?

That's not the only thing that might be getting canned thought...

That said I think they would sell more manual transmission Broncos than they would Focus and Fiesta. Probably a similar mix as Mustang if I had to guess, provided they didn't neuter it and limit it to the lowest trim level.

• Like 1

If they want to cut costs that severely, I would expect one powertrain, and that's it.  Look at home many engine options have been lost in specific vehicles to simplify things in the past 2 years.   Not a bad thing, but I'm guessing it'll be something Ranger like with one engine/tranny option, and MAYBE if sales warranty, a higher powered version (Raptor), might show up MCE.

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Of course...anything I would possibly get excited about from FoMoCo would get nixed... **just shaking my head**

8 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

If they want to cut costs that severely, I would expect one powertrain, and that's it.  Look at home many engine options have been lost in specific vehicles to simplify things in the past 2 years.   Not a bad thing, but I'm guessing it'll be something Ranger like with one engine/tranny option, and MAYBE if sales warranty, a higher powered version (Raptor), might show up MCE.

What engine options have been lost? V6 in Mustang, what else?

20 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

What engine options have been lost? V6 in Mustang, what else?

3.5L V6 Edge comes to mind. I wouldn't mind that loss so much if they offered the 2.3EB... Speaking of 2.3EB, look at that engine lineup in the Ranger!

16 minutes ago, RPF said:

3.5L V6 Edge comes to mind. I wouldn't mind that loss so much if they offered the 2.3EB... Speaking of 2.3EB, look at that engine lineup in the Ranger!

Even the 2.0 has more torque than the 3.5L NA.  And you can get the 2.7T which blows it away.   And neither one will kill the engine when the water pump dies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A new one - decontenting before the first sale!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Even the 2.0 has more torque than the 3.5L NA.  And you can get the 2.7T which blows it away.   And neither one will kill the engine when the water pump dies.

Amen. The 2.0 gives away nothing to the 3.5. Apparently the 3.5 will be discontinued when the Flex and Taurus die.