2019 Ford Ranger supercab

PDL1717

On 12/25/2018 at 9:13 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I do know about a month ago they were having some difficulties with Stamping the inner door panels for the supercab rear doors.  They kept splitting.

Seems pretty amazing after stamping 100s of millions (billions ?) of panels that Ford has stamped, that a problem like this happened AFTER production started !

34 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

Seems pretty amazing after stamping 100s of millions (billions ?) of panels that Ford has stamped, that a problem like this happened AFTER production started !

Just before the 2013 Fusion launch they had to get a special permit to fly one or two dies from Hermosillo back to Detroit to be repaired and flown back to Mexico.

10 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just before the 2013 Fusion launch they had to get a special permit to fly one or two dies from Hermosillo back to Detroit to be repaired and flown back to Mexico.

Die splits are much more rare. Usually is the metal being stamped. The Ranger door I mentioned they were having a hard time getting a handle on it but they did get it fixed pretty quickly. 

• 1 month later...

So a local dealer near me was having a Ranger Test Drive event today, which I thought was odd, since as of yesterday they only showed 1 SuperCrew in stock. Got there around noon, they had (2) SuperCabs parked out front, with a total of 5 units. I asked when the SCabs showed-up, they send fairly late on Friday. Both XL/STX's.

HRG