New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

PDL1717

2019 Ford Ranger supercab

Question

12 answers to this question

Wondering when they will start production it appears all units in production now are Super Crew models

Plant is shutdown until January 2 for the holidays. I'll ask around when I get back. 

That would be great, my order was approved thru ROVP in early November just trying to decide if waiting for Supercab is worth it. Thanks !!

I do know about a month ago they were having some difficulties with Stamping the inner door panels for the supercab rear doors. They kept splitting. I'm pretty sure they've resolved that issue, I'll have to ask when I get back. 

Thanks appreciate your input. I'll look forward to hearing update next week 

9 hours ago, PDL1717 said:

Does anyone know about production of the Supercab units

The targeted production mix per WBDO Analytics is 70% SuperCrew/30% SuperCab. 

On 12/25/2018 at 9:13 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I do know about a month ago they were having some difficulties with Stamping the inner door panels for the supercab rear doors.  They kept splitting.

Seems pretty amazing after stamping 100s of millions (billions ?) of panels that Ford has stamped, that a problem like this happened AFTER production started !

13 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

Seems pretty amazing after stamping 100s of millions (billions ?) of panels that Ford has stamped, that a problem like this happened AFTER production started !

It happens all the time. It's not unique to Ford, it's just the nature of the beast. 

34 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

Just before the 2013 Fusion launch they had to get a special permit to fly one or two dies from Hermosillo back to Detroit to be repaired and flown back to Mexico.

10 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just before the 2013 Fusion launch they had to get a special permit to fly one or two dies from Hermosillo back to Detroit to be repaired and flown back to Mexico.

Die splits are much more rare. Usually is the metal being stamped. The Ranger door I mentioned they were having a hard time getting a handle on it but they did get it fixed pretty quickly. 

There are some supercabs on the line as of today.