Bronco + Baby Not Headed to Right Hand Markets

Infrastructure still is not built up for BEVs and it won't be in 3 years.  I am personally not looking forward to a world full of standing chargers at every parking stall, that's an ugly view and lots of fragile infrastructure that makes parking lot maintenance harder for cold weather.  I think they need to solve that problem before we start building that type of infrastructure.

• Like 2

Some will say that hybrid is a dead end but I think it’s a necessary step in evolving customer participation in electrification. The double edged sword is that by making ICEs more fuel efficient will delay the embrace of BEVs. So maybe manufacturers like Ford are stuck with building all while buyers choose what they want.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AGR said:

Cost parity IS the purchase price. The price of batteries is declining faster than previously projected, thanks to not only EVs, but especially to all those portable electronic devices that we seemingly can't live without. They're also getting incrementally better all the time. The rest of the EV is already cheaper than ICE powered cars.

Yet that article proves my point-talk pie in the sky and when that time comes, people will have forgotten about it.

Lets not forget what Bill Ford said about all Ford SUV's getting 25 MPG by 2010 or something like that

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

You need to move some place warmer my friend- F that! LOL

Even living in the Northeast, it goes below 32, but its extremely rare for it to go down to 0. 

Thanksgiving morning it was -6F (yes, minus six degrees F).  We've seen 38 below at our house.  Cold is a reality in most northern states, which is why I'm so critical of BEV's.

Go back to what's driving electrification and you'll see that it's manufacturers and govt legislation, not consumers. Low gas prices are making it hard to justify 1) developing more hybrids/BEVs and 2) eliminating any need for consumers to consider fuel efficient vehicles with an up front cost.