2019 Ford Ranger First Drive

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can't take on a second car note at all right now. Being laid off for 3 months coupled with some unfortunately timed emergency expenses (aren't they all?) any savings we built up was taken out this summer. 

Don’t know why you quoted me, but I hear you. We take our loans at 5 years and keep our cars at least ten. The Flex and Edge are completely offset. When the Edge is paid off it will be time to replace the Flex.  We may keep the Flex and go to three cars. 

21 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can't take on a second car note at all right now. Being laid off for 3 months coupled with some unfortunately timed emergency expenses (aren't they all?) any savings we built up was taken out this summer. 

I just sold my old house last week and am in the process of using the proceeds to refinance the mortgage on the current place which I actually bought in 2012. Once that is done I can get more serious about replacing the '07 Sport Trac. It's been paid for since 2009 and I'm pretty sure at 163k miles I got my money's worth and then some. Unfortunately the allure of the Coyote's howl is becoming harder and harder to resist.?