Pics of Camouflaged Focus-Based Pickup

1 hour ago, Assimilator said:

Using an Escape mule, which is interesting.  

Not really... what else are they going to use? Escape is the right height and width so it is the perfect mule. I'm guessing this is a suspension test mule. If they use a Focus, they'd have to jury rig the suspension and that may not work for whatever part they are testing.

Remember, this is a test mule, not a prototype. It doesn't resemble how the truck will look. We are at least a year away from prototype testing if the launch date is 2021.

I believe the Hyundai Santa Cruz truck will also be this size. It will be based off of the Tucson and will probably come out around the same time. I liked the concept for that truck, but I haven’t seen any mules or spy shots of the production version to see if its staying true to the concept or not. I’m curious to see how these two compact trucks with stack up against each other.

According to Wikipedia (take that as you will), C1 has been succeeded by what is now referred to a Global C chassis..

Global C platform

The C1 platform has been replaced by the Global C platform (or C-car)[3] and combines three previous platforms as part of Ford's "One Ford" efficiency drive.[4]

Ford global C platform vehicles:

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought the Santa Cruz truck was supposed to be more Honda Ridgeline

Everything I’ve read is saying it’s based off of the Tucson which seems smaller then the ridge line to me, but those same articles do compare it to the ridgeline as well. I thought the ridgeline would be more compareable to the Santa Fe in size but I could be wrong.