Caddy to show off XT6 at Detroit

silvrsvt

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Not all PHEV are the same. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Range Rover Sport PHEV has 2.0 I4 turbo so it is MUCH less powerful than Aviator GT.

RRS P400e (the name for the PHEV) and Volvo XC90 T8 compete with other 2.0 I4 turbo PHEV like BMW X5 40e and the upcoming Mercedes GLE350e. These are intended as alternatives to V6 or I6 versions with similar power (and price). So they are in a different (sub)class. If you want to compere these to Aviator, it will be the regular 3.0 Ecoboost version, not the Grand Touring PHEV.

Aviator GT is more comparable to GLE550e and Porsche Cayenne S eHybrid (3.0 V6 turbo PHEV), -  they are considered alternatives to V8 versions of the same car. And so it will also be comparable to the actual V8 competitors without a plug, like GLS550 or upcoming X7 50i

I don't think the engine size is dispositive.  There is a reason they have 2.0 liter motors in Europe - tax.  Lincoln is going to want a large market.   You look at the Nautilus and Navigator and you have a spread of @$25k between base and max black label. They might stretch that more with the Aviator and have a spread between $55k - 83K, but the higher you go the greater options people have of other cars.  Remember this is essentially replacing the MKT that starts at $50k.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:46 PM, fordtech1 said:

I want to know where all the haters are for the alphanumeric names for cadillacs! Over and over I heard how the MK stuff was too confusing yada yada... I do agree the names are much better. However, where’s the hate for Cadillac xt4 xt5 xt6 xts, ats, cts?  

It's not very pretty, but at least they now have a hierarchy to them.  You know where it falls in the lineup.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 4:54 PM, rmc523 said:

It's not very pretty, but at least they now have a hierarchy to them.  You know where it falls in the lineup.

Yeah, I like the names better, but Lincoln's problem was that there was no logical way of knowing what the alphanumerics meant. With Audi, the sedans/coups are A4/A6/A8 and such. Each number up rising in size and price. Same with the crossovers. Q3/Q5/Q7/Q8. Caddy has a system now almost as logical. Still, give me the Navigator, Aviator, Nautilus, Continental any day.

My BL Continental stickered for ~$80K; I have no reason to believe the EB Aviator will cost any less, especially when you add in options like the air suspension. My guess is the GT will add $4-5k over a similarly equipped EB Aviator. They said during the release that it would compete with the likes of the X5 on price so I think high $50s base to mid to high $80s for a fully loaded BL GT. 

Edited by Bellanca

6 hours ago, Bellanca said:

My BL Continental stickered for ~$80K; I have no reason to believe the EB Aviator will cost any less, especially when you add in options like the air suspension. My guess is the GT will add $4-5k over a similarly equipped EB Aviator. They said during the release that it would compete with the likes of the X5 on price so I think high $50s base to mid to high $80s for a fully loaded BL GT. 

At those prices, I prefer to buy the Aviator over the X5. Hands down. Is a better looked vehicle, more modern, with more power, with a better interior. X5 advantage? The BMW badge. Only that.

7 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

At those prices, I prefer to buy the Aviator over the X5. Hands down. Is a better looked vehicle, more modern, with more power, with a better interior. X5 advantage? The BMW badge. Only that.

That and the Lincoln comes with working turn signals 

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a cut 'n' paste from a Cars.com article listing winners and losers from the Detroit Auto Show: 

-----------------

2020 Cadillac XT6

Aaron Bragman, Detroit bureau chief: Loser

I understand that Cadillac had to get a three-row crossover to market as fast as possible to plug the gap between the XT5 and Escalade, but this one feels completely phoned in. It's as close to being a reskinned GMC Acadia Denali as you can possibly get. Engineers couldn't get any more power from that 3.6-liter engine? No special surprise-and-delight features? The 2020 Lincoln Aviator is gonna eat its lunch.

Mike Hanley, senior research editor: Loser

I like the new face of Cadillac, which is present here as well as on the brand's smaller XT4 crossover, but it's disappointing to see the old version of the Cadillac User Experience multimedia system inside along with its touch-sensitive controls. In an otherwise appealing three-row SUV, that's a deal-breaker.

Fred Meier, Washington, D.C., bureau chief: Loser

GM needs to answer what makes a Cadillac a Cadillac. As nice as it might be, the charisma-challenged XT6 doesn't know. I'm a fan of the Acadia Denali but didn't need another one, not one without enough significant differences to be special. Making the disappointment sharper, next door was a lineup of new vehicles from Lincoln, which against all odds seems to be finding itself. 

Joe Wiesenfelder, executive editor: Loser

I know that a larger version would bump up against the Escalade, but I still think a larger third row (more Buick Enclave than GMC Acadia) would have been a good move. And the fact that the captain's chair on the driver's side doesn't move forward as much as the one on the other side to enable third-row access looks like cost-cutting. Yes, we know people should load from the curb side, but how about in your driveway? Many less expensive vehicles do without this "safety feature."

(See full article here: https://www.cars.com/articles/2019-detroit-auto-show-winners-and-losers-1420757028871/)